Record Store Day @ Fingerprints in Long Beach

Ugh, whatever. I'm busting an all nighter with my dog. She's a puppy and could use some company, as could I.

I called earlier yesterday and asked them what their system was for letting people in on RSD. Amoeba uses the popular... "let 10 people in at a time to not create such a hassle for people to get their records"... system. Fingerprints doesn't do this. Once doors open at 6 am, it's fair game.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I'm a little surprised by that but that should make for better stories, that's for sure!

Yeah, I kind of liked the Amoeba process better. Not so much the crowd / wait time.

They also had this process where they would hand a list out to the line an hour and a half prior to when doors open. They would allow you to check off what you wanted. When they let the 10 people in at a time, your order would already be bagged at the register and ready to go.

Hassle free.

Update #2

There's 6 of us here. Black keys playing through the sound system.

If there is too many people then we will be let in through groups, otherwise it's free game.

There are no Social Distortion LPs... I wanted that dammit!

As long as there are enough of the Mae - The Everglow 2xLP to go around, I'll be good. Should be there around 4 30 am if all goes as planned. May have to wake up the mrs a little earlier than planned.

SOME DUMB BITCH GRABBED ALL OF THE MAE ALBUMS!!!

Fuck me

Hey! Watch it. That WAS MY LADY first off and second off she grabbed them for the people in line behind us as well who are also on here and were in the store looking for other releases. It's was a team effort. Sorry you didn't get it, but no need to call my girlfriend a BITCH. It's a record...

SOME DUMB BITCH GRABBED ALL OF THE MAE ALBUMS!!!

Fuck me

Hey! Watch it. That WAS MY LADY first off and second off she grabbed them for the people in line behind us as well who are also on here and were in the store looking for other releases. It's was a team effort. Sorry you didn't get it, but no need to call my girlfriend a BITCH. It's a record...

Ladies and gentlemen I give you...Record Store Day! Some albums have already made it to ebay via flippers. This really is a stupid idea overall. Why don't they have record store month or something and roll out releases over a long term period? I don't own a record store or anything but I can't imagine that one or two days out of the year being extremely busy is really THAT great.

Ladies and gentlemen I give you...Record Store Day! Some albums have already made it to ebay via flippers. This really is a stupid idea overall. Why don't they have record store month or something and roll out releases over a long term period? I don't own a record store or anything but I can't imagine that one or two days out of the year being extremely busy is really THAT great.

It really is a dumb idea. Especially with albums like Everglow which should have a much larger pressing. But still, no reason to call someone a Bitch. And for the record, the copy we got sounds great, and is definately not on eBay.