burntwolf.com

Well, I think it's great too! Haha. I'm moving this week and this month has been crazy busy for me so I haven't had a chance to get back to it lately. I got most of my past and present LPs up, but I still have a bunch of 7 inches to post and more work to do on the documentation.

I'm glad other people are finally discovering it. Thanks for adding to it for sure. I do keep an eye on the recent changes everyday.

It's only going to be as good as the community that contributes to it, and I'm definitely open to any suggestions (there is a Discussion tab on the Main Page).

My original idea was to focus on vinyl and stores everywhere that still carry vinyl, but I had hoped it would grow to include anything collectible w/ limited runs.

We'll see how it goes. I hope to be able to afford the 100 bucks a year to host it for a while. I don't think we'll reach the storage or bandwith limits of Dreamhost for a while.

Oh, btw, if anyone has any suggestions for getting the word out, that'd be cool too.

I've made postcards and dropped them off at the Berkeley Ameoba and some store I was at in Richmond, VA when I went back to the Inquisition shows.

I plan to throw those in on any eBay auctions I do and drop them off at record stores I visit.

I've put the word out on various message boards. The best response I got so far was when Virgil mentioned it on Vinyl Collective.

I obviously don't have any kind of budget for banner ads or any of that stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

$100 for a year? That's a bit steep!

What are you usage stats, bandwidth cannot be that excessive and I doubt you need too much space. I'd look into alternative options other than Dreamhost (although, I think I had Dreamhost in the past and they were fantastic, uptime 99% of the time and never charged me for going over bandwidth).

you can search for a page and if it doesn't exist you create it.

there are templates for artist and release pages. you can put in {subst:artists} or {subst:releases} and save the page, then edit it.

i don't think i got around to doing a store page template.

you can look at an existing store page and take the wiki code from that, then edit it.

i've been super busy so haven't had time to work on the site much (i have a kid on the way).

$100/year doesn't seem too bad to me considering what Dreamhost offers. As long as people are using it and adding to it anyway.

Let me know if you have any other wiki q's either through here or the wiki or burntwolf at burntwolf.com

cheers

--rdp