Lathe-cut mirrors /20 hand-numbered

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I originally put "For Fans of Circa Survive/Brand New to get Kevin! to come in here. Obviously that isn't the case (though parts in a few of the songs are VERY Brand New-ish; just not the case for this video).

I appreciate the responses, even though they are brutal. As for the lyrics, it's an album themed around spaghetti-westerns, so lots of lyrics about taverns and pistols and boots. I listen to a ton of music where the lyrics aren't the best (for example, I love The Story So Far - Under Soil and Dirt, even though track 03 opens up with the brilliance of "If I hold on much longer I might break my hands.")

For those that didn't like the video, I encourage you to go to the bandcamp page and check out some of the other tunes. This album is pretty well-rounded, and I thought people on here might like it. Maybe I was wrong.

(INB4: You were wrong).

Also, if you're bored, there is an awesome thread over in the "Everything Else" section where I brag about cutting down a tree with a power drill yesterday.

http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73306

Definitely changed my mind after giving the whole album a chance (really makes sense as a whole) and disregarding the alleged relations to CS/BN. I'd say FFO Chiodos/Mastodon/The Dear Hunter all mixed together.

I'd take down that video because it's an entire different vibe from the album. That video version is more prog-ish while the album is more rock-ish with a dramatic tune here and there. Plus the track itself makes more sense where it's placed.

I'd listen to it, gonna put it on repeat for awhile before I decide if I'd buy it.

Wednesday bump.

Planning a meet and greet at The Elbo Room on April 14th that a couple VCers have stated they might attend. For those that I've PMed with, feel free to put whether or not you're interested in here.

I'll be buying lots of beers on the night in question if you can make it out for the Flanigan boy's set.