A Benefit for Asa: Bon Iver / Sufjan Test Presses

A buddy of mine showed me this the other day and I thought you guys would want to know. They're auctioning off test presses by: Bon Iver, Damian Jurado, Denison Witmer, mewithoutYou, Starflyer 59, Sufjan, Unwed Sailor... etc.

Here's the story behind the benefit...

Asa was born via emergency c-section on December 30th. His parents were immediately suspicious and after a few tests discovered that he suffers from transposition of the greater vessels...a congenital heart defect. He has since had three heart surgeries but his prognosis is good. He'll never play football but he will live a long healthy life and have a wicked cool scar.

Naturally there are serious financial costs involved so we asked our friends in the Bloomington and musical community at large to donate items for a good old fashioned auction.

Mike Adams is a longtime fixture in the Bloomington music scene. He plays as "Mike Adams at his Honest Weight" (#48 on Amazon's best of 2011 list) and runs the boutique "Crossroads of America" label (XRA) as well. He has played in a slew of bands, most notably Husband & Wife and, most recently, has been occupying the drum seat in Tammar (Suicide Squeeze) while Sarah Swanson is on maternity leave. His days are spent taping government meetings for the local cable access channel.

Jessica Adams is a social worker who is currently getting her masters in social work. In addition to that, she is employed with Positive Link, where she has spent the last five years caring for HIV and AIDS patients of Southern Indiana.

I think everyone who's ever met Mike & Jess can agree that we're all better because of it. I'm not one to gush, but I'm going to: These are two of the kindest, most supportive and generous people I've ever had the privilege of knowing. - friend Megan Downey

http://www.32auctions.com/organizations/3043/auctions/3402?page=1

so much stuff I want... so litttle money... however, OP, I like your avatar combined with "this is romance"... best band!

Thanks dude! ACB is definitely one of my top 5 favorite bands. SILYAYD was a killer album that will always hold a special special place in my heart. I hit up tooth and nail every few weeks to bug them about pressing the ACB discography.

$230 for the Michigan test press, $262 for the Bon Iver test Press, over $325 for the For Emma, Forever Ago test press... heck, even $150 for a 24x24 print of the Bon Iver cover art. I wish I could afford some of those things too! But you're right, it's awesome that a lot of money is being raised for this. Definitely shows that people care, and I think it's even more awesome that all of those people donated those items.

All hope is not yet lost in the human race.