Moving Across Country w/ records.

So I'm moving from SF, CA to the Midwest. I have about 400 records or so and I'm wondering how I can safely transport these. Keep in mind that, I don't drive so that idea won't work.

My best idea is to find a friend with a band van that'll take me and my stuff across country and I'll pay for gas. The drive is a day and nine hours.

Are you using movers? Most movers have boxes that are the perfect size for records. I just moved 2,000 miles and my records arrived in perfect condition, and I have a few thousand records.

I'll probably have to buy those boxes then. I've heard you've got to pack them super tight to avoid the warping and all that. What's the cheapest, best way to ship them? I'm not selling them.

Did you have to buy the shrinkwrapped pallet, or was that included in the couple hundred? This might have worked out better for you because both the places you moved to are on the coast lines. I'm doing a move to Chicago.

No I didn't buy it, but I had to drive the boxes to the nearest loading dock they had to assemble it.

I was lucky in I did a full pack and ship (the movers showed up, packed all my shit and hauled it). The guy who packed my records said he's packed up libraries of 25,000 records and more. I watched him like a hawk and he did a fantastic job. Yes, you have to pack them in tight so they don't move and warp, and he filled any dead space with packing paper to ensure they wouldn't move. They were some heavy boxes, but I was thrilled with it.

Oh, Santiago, I moved to San Antonio (well, a little bit north of the city because my wife didn't want to live in the city proper). It's great though. We're super close to San Antonio and really close to Austin.

I was lucky in I did a full pack and ship (the movers showed up, packed all my shit and hauled it). The guy who packed my records said he's packed up libraries of 25,000 records and more. I watched him like a hawk and he did a fantastic job. Yes, you have to pack them in tight so they don't move and warp, and he filled any dead space with packing paper to ensure they wouldn't move. They were some heavy boxes, but I was thrilled with it.

Oh, Santiago, I moved to San Antonio (well, a little bit north of the city because my wife didn't want to live in the city proper). It's great though. We're super close to San Antonio and really close to Austin.

dude, what the fuck? how did i not know you moved to san antonio? when are you gonna visit so we can hang out and grab a bite. something we didn't do when i was in your neck of the woods a few years back.

also, don't go to HOG WILD.. they suck major balls.

Hit up Rolando's Tacos just for the experience.