Craigslist Rudeness

Short version--

Rude guy on Craigslist and I have decided not to buy from him and I want advice on something to say back or post back that is a jab back at him or funny or lets him know I think he is a shitty individual.

Long version--

I have a guy on Craigslist that is being fairly rude, imo. I asked him if the item he had was still for sale (it is a flash for a camera) and I asked how was its condition, working order, smoke free home, and if he was the original owner. His initial reply was "what?"

Then I told him I was inquiring about a Metz 45 CT-1 flash unit he has for sale on Craigslist. His reply this time was. "yes? do you want it, or what? you ask some weird questions about a strobe"

Anyway we went back and forth and it was like pulling teeth to communicate to the guy who would make comments like your question is irrelevant (about smoke free home) etc. I just continued being short and sweet (i know hard to believe). Finally I ask if he would take $40 in one of my emails and about meeting nearby since his address in his signature is close by. He reply's, "not for $40. no"

MORAL of the story I want to say something to the guy and either make him think about his shitty attitude and poor demeanor or like say something funny. I am bad in situations like this. Part of me wanted to tell the guy fuck you. But my better self knew I would rather make the guy reflect even though it is pointless.

In all seriousness and nb4 "who cares" but it is people like him or in that attitude that just make me cringe. I mean why be a dick when someone is trying to buy something you are selling. It wasn't like I was being rude nor long winded nor asking him to wear a dress when we meet. Most of my emails were one or two sentences.

Just tell the guy you want to buy it for whatever price he mentioned and ask him to meet you and not show up.

fuck I so wish I would have done this....

I am really tempted to message him and say the other place I was looking to buy it fell through and I will pay $50 cash just let me know where to meet.

Well I may have already burned my bridge because I sent him this a while ago.

Never mind then. I appreciate your time, although your seemingly lack of patience, rude demeanor, and poor attitude is not appreciated. Have a good day and best of luck selling the flash.

Regards,

Austin

ps: I am a total pushover. I so should have waited for some of these responses. pure gold.

I am thinking about waiting a few days and starting a new account. Maybe pose as a blonde lady who wants to buy it for her son. Will pay $50 and can meet asap. See if he will give "her" a better deal. Then do not show up at the starbucks or something or better yet tell him to meet "her" at a hair salon or something nearby. Then don't show up and email like an hr later asking him why he never showed up. Then attempt to "meet" again if possible. Would be so amazing.

Idk I am not good at these things or being creative, but I am now feeling like I must do something just to inconvenience him (teach him a lesson without him learning the lesson) by just being a total rude person.

rofl at rob.

I mean I am not lying when I say he came back with like three short ass answers and they were something like this

from what i remember, the whole email...

"1. of course it works

2. it is used

3. used i bought it, strobe?

4. question about smoking is irrelevant"

there were more as well we probably had like 10 - 15 emails all where he would say "no." "what?" "it can be cleaned"

I am thinking about waiting a few days and starting a new account. Maybe pose as a blonde lady who wants to buy it for her son. Will pay $50 and can meet asap. See if he will give "her" a better deal. Then do not show up at the starbucks or something or better yet tell him to meet "her" at a hair salon or something nearby. Then don't show up and email like an hr later asking him why he never showed up. Then attempt to "meet" again if possible. Would be so amazing.

Idk I am not good at these things or being creative, but I am now feeling like I must do something just to inconvenience him (teach him a lesson without him learning the lesson) by just being a total rude person.

Sounds like something me and my friend do, the lol's are endless if you can keep it going

rofl at rob.

I mean I am not lying when I say he came back with like three short ass answers and they were something like this

from what i remember, the whole email...

"1. of course it works

2. it is used

3. used i bought it, strobe?

4. question about smoking is irrelevant"

there were more as well we probably had like 10 - 15 emails all where he would say "no." "what?" "it can be cleaned"

Another thing you could do, is start emailing him again with the exact same messages you previously sent, but in random order. But also - change the product in which you are asking about with each email.

Post and ad with his email address in the casual encounters M4M section looking for some hot boy on boy action...hopefully they posted a phone number.