ANY VINTAGE COMIC COLLECTORS? (DC content)

Guest falloutcollapse

Guest falloutcollapse

Si senor, again

dang dude, you need to take some self defense courses.

I know dude. The windmills and two-steps aren't protecting me anymore

early 90's comics, besides spidey 300, aren't worth shit. same with early 90's sports cards pre 97-98. i have tons of those comics i get for .10-.25 each at the local comic stores. hell, i got a buttload of preacher, y the last man, 100 bullets, and early Max Punisher ish's at the Butler New Dimentions comic store for dirt cheap yesterday. i was very pleased. also got Astro City 1 both covers in the cheapo's. i don't know about now, but that was a $25-30 comic when i got out years ago. Wizard is also what fucked the comic market. they hyped shit that was terrible and had a total monopoly on things. they did that Black Bull comics and then said how valuable they were... every ish that company ever released i've seen in a dime bin.

I stopped reading and collecting comics around '93-'94...the whole multiple and special covers bullshit annoyed me. Plus the writing and story quality went south after a lot of my favorite writers (Chris Claremont, John Byrne, etc.) started jumping ship from their flagship titles. It also seems that around that time the publishers were trying to capitalize more on the art by guys like Jim Lee, Whilce Portacio, Rob Liefield, and Todd McFarlane (right before he started Image Comics). The stories and writing suffered.

Wizard is also what fucked the comic market. they hyped shit that was terrible and had a total monopoly on things.

I hate Wizard. That rag is nothing but a hype machine. There is no substance to any of their articles. And these days they seem more interested in the movies than the comics. I prefer Comics Buyers Guide as my magazine of choice. They actually have real articles and reviews.

I used to be big into comics in the early 90s, right around the time the Marvel comics artists flourished and then formed a mutiny in the name of Image Comics.

A good time for slash pages, a bad time for story and basic anatomy.

I got out of comics a few years later when they went through an ill advised phase of every comic being about a girl with huge tits. Its when I started seeing "Nude variant" covers that I sort of turned my back on the whole thing.

Nowadays I buy maybe 5-6 issues a month (The Boys, All-Star Superman, Ultimates etc.), mostly just for light reading on the bus.