ANY VINTAGE COMIC COLLECTORS? (DC content)

Guest falloutcollapse

Guest falloutcollapse

I found a box of old Superman comics in my attic. My dad said to throw them on eBay or offer them to you guys or something, because he doesn't want them in the house. Just tell me if you guys want any of these, we can trade for records or do PayPal or something. I don't know too much about comics, but I have a general idea what a few of these are worth.

Superman #318- December 1977 - BRONZE AGE

Superman and the Spectre #29 - January 1981

Superman Anniversary #400 - October 1984

Superman: Man of Steel #30 - February 1994

Superman in Action #680 - August 1993

Superman in Action #687 - June 1993

Superman in Action #688 - Early July 1993

Superman in Action #689 - Late July 1993

Superman in Action #691 - September 1993

Superman in Action #692 - October 1993

Superman in Action #693 - November 1993

Superman in Action #694 - December 1993

Superman in Action #695 - January 1994

Superman in Action #697 - March 1994

Superman in Action #699 - May 1994

Superman in Action #700 - June 1994

Superman in Action #702 - August 1994

Superboy #225 - March 1977

Superboy #54 - June 1984

Batman and Outsiders #14 - October 1984

Supergirl in Action #685 - January 1993 (Funeral for a Friend 2)

Supergirl in Action #686 - February 1993 (Funeral for a Friend 6)

Batman ft. Superman #25 - November 1994

Outsiders ft. Superman #13 - December 1994

Just let me know, I really don't want these. And PM for questions/pictures/descriptions.

Stuff from the 90's was so overprinted it will likely never be worth anything. During that time so many people were "investing" in comics, buying multiple copies of the latest holofoil cover (which are now a joke in the comics community), thinking they would be worth a fortune in later years. The market for comics is really strong right now, just not for stuff from the 90's. Way too much supply, not very much demand.

I hope the colored vinyl craze isn't the same as all the gimmicky comic covers from that time period...

I don't think it is yet, but it could get there. What killed the comics is people outside the hobby buying up books as investments. You do see some of that going on with vinyl today, but not enough to make a difference.

These days the highest selling comic title sells about 150,000 copies. Back in the 90's several titles were selling 300,000+. So when we start seeing the pressing numbers skyrocket, it might be a sign that the vinyl market will crash.

But who cares anyway. Just buy what you like and don't worry about what it's worth. :)

Guest falloutcollapse
Anything that is as old as me is vintage to me. But I'll put em up on eBay next week. Thanks for your help!

so, does that mean that my wife's car is vintage too? it's a 96 camry.

My car is a 96 Acura Integra. I think I'm going to have VINTAGE embroidered into the seats when I can officially drive

Guest falloutcollapse

My car is a 96 Acura Integra. I think I'm going to have VINTAGE embroidered into the seats when I can officially drive

sweet, that would be bitchin.

I'd probably get beat up at school

I hope the colored vinyl craze isn't the same as all the gimmicky comic covers from that time period...

If I was a betting man, I'd say the next industry to fall hard ontop of it's own greed is designer vinyl toys. I was into that stuff for a while and they somehow managed to make buying and collecting toys (of all things) a complete nightmare.

Lots of really lame "investors".

If I was a betting man, I'd say the next industry to fall hard ontop of it's own greed is designer vinyl toys. I was into that stuff for a while and they somehow managed to make buying and collecting toys (of all things) a complete nightmare.

Lots of really lame "investors".

yeah, i watched that get pretty ridiculous pretty fast. i like my Dunny's though, i think they're pretty badass. Not about to start getting super into that shit though.