Blunderbuss Lightning Bolt update

ATTENTION FLIPPERS:

From Third Man

http://thirdmanrecords.com/news/view/jack-white-blunderbuss-lightning-bolt-vinyl-and-tailgate-party

"In our ongoing quest to explore new and innovative distribution techniques, the Lightning Bolt Vinyl will only be available via the Third Man Rolling Record Store at Jack White live dates and other RRS apperances throughout the summer, while supplies last. We will limit the amount of Lightning Bolts sold at each location to 20 in order to more effectively spread these to different territories around the United States. They will remain on sale from the Rolling Record Store as long as supplies last."

So there.

Anyone know the pressing info on this and how to find out if it's coming near you?

their limited LP's are usually limited to 300, but the stripes ones were 500. the tri color 7"s are usually limited to 150, but the stripes and jack white ones were editions of 300... so given those numbers, i assume there's 500. right now the RRS seems to be following Jack's tour schedule. so if there's not a tour date near you, the RRS probably isn't coming to you either.

20 per location, wonder how early I would need to show up

I will put it this way. For the liquid vinyl I arrived at third man records at 8:00 pm on friday (the day before record store day) and there were already hordes of people in line with tents. I was number 62 in line 1. There was also 60+ people in line at the rolling record store.

The more that third man records comes out with these type of releases equates to more people showing up in general and also more people showing up earlier for every release. Eventually it is going to get so bad that people will have to wait in line for years to get a 7". Screw that shit.

Praying the RRS comes to L.A. I held off buying Blunderbuss in the hopes of a cool variant
you held off buying the top record in several countries (that is amazing, by the way) to hopefully get a copy that's limited to 300-500 copies?

Considering that money's a little tight right now, yes. I can stream the album on Spotify (which I've done several times since it was released), so there's no real urgency for me to pick it up. So if I want to hold out and try getting this variant, I don't really see the big deal?