discogs fuckery

You're username is Trevor...and the title of the thread has "fuckery" in it....are you a Trailer Park Boys fan?! :)

AND you're from Canada, and when I just looked at this thread it had "420" views haha

weird, I actually live in the city they shot the show in. my buddy lives right next to Bubbles.

And I'm just going to wait till the 44 day mark.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're username is Trevor...and the title of the thread has "fuckery" in it....are you a Trailer Park Boys fan?! :)

AND you're from Canada, and when I just looked at this thread it had "420" views haha

weird, I actually live in the city they shot the show in. my buddy lives right next to Bubbles.

And I'm just going to wait till the 44 day mark.

That's amazing! I'm a huge TPB fan they need to do a reunion and do a season 8 or at least another movie! I need more TPB, although the show never gets old even though I've seen every episode a ton of times haha

This. Any other reaction is irrational and rude. There is nothing to be lost by waiting til the end of the claims window. Granted, 95% of these situations are probably due to the seller just being a flake, there is still the possibility that the seller is going through some real shit, and hasn't had the time to tend to petty business.

Here is why I don't wait 45 days. If you are selling something on-line and can't respond to an email within one week you don't deserve any leeway. Most of the time if a seller doesn't ship within 2 weeks they have either no intention of shipping or have completely forgot about the item. When I open a claim after 2-3 weeks of zero communication one of two outcomes occur, they ship they very next day or they continue to ignore me until I am refunded. Either way I get the money or item much faster and can move on. If you wait until the 45th day you then have to wait one week for the seller to respond then then ~3 days for paypal to make a decision then ~3 for the refund to be in your account. That is almost two months that you have now had to wait.

its a little different for me coz i'm waiting for international shipping as well anyways, so waiting isn't really a bother. i've found that sellers are normally thankful that i allow the extra time and in a lot of occasions, they've send free shit along to help with the apology. keeps everything simmering along nicely. i dont think i've had a seller who was being intentionally dishonest; each time its just been a case of forgetting about it. free stuff for forgetting something aint too bad in my book.

Here is why I don't wait 45 days. If you are selling something on-line and can't respond to an email within one week you don't deserve any leeway. Most of the time if a seller doesn't ship within 2 weeks they have either no intention of shipping or have completely forgot about the item. When I open a claim after 2-3 weeks of zero communication one of two outcomes occur, they ship they very next day or they continue to ignore me until I am refunded. Either way I get the money or item much faster and can move on. If you wait until the 45th day you then have to wait one week for the seller to respond then then ~3 days for paypal to make a decision then ~3 for the refund to be in your account. That is almost two months that you have now had to wait.

its a little different for me coz i'm waiting for international shipping as well anyways, so waiting isn't really a bother. i've found that sellers are normally thankful that i allow the extra time and in a lot of occasions, they've sent free shit along to help with the apology. keeps everything simmering along nicely. i dont think i've had a seller who was being intentionally dishonest; each time somethings gone wrong, its just been a case of them forgetting about the transaction. free stuff for forgetting something aint too bad in my book.

So this happened. I decided to give him up to the 44 day mark but he messages me the other day with this : " Seller changed status from Invoice Sent to Cancelled (Non-Paying Buyer)

sorry about your record, thought I had it but it was sold mpnths ago. Refunded your money, sorry it took so long."

So jerkoff, cancels my order after holding my cash hostage for a month and he cancels me as non paying when I paid the day I got his shipping confirmation. Oh and then he leaves me negative feedback stating " No payment received from buyer after 26 days. "

I can't even explain how much what the fuck.

So this happened. I decided to give him up to the 44 day mark but he messages me the other day with this : " Seller changed status from Invoice Sent to Cancelled (Non-Paying Buyer)

sorry about your record, thought I had it but it was sold mpnths ago. Refunded your money, sorry it took so long."

So jerkoff, cancels my order afer holding my cash hostage for a month and he cancels me as non paying wheb I paid the day I got his shipping confirmation. Oh and then he lease me negative feedback stating " No payment received from buyer after 26 days. "

I can't believe he had the fucking nerve to leave a negative feedback. What a cock smoker. I would definitely contact Discogs and I'm sure they will remove that (especially if you show them the email). Discogs is miles more awesome towards stuff like that unlike eBay. I'm sure you have, but if not, make sure to leave that toolbag a negative mark.

If you can, post the sellers name so I know not to deal with them (if you already said their seller ID then I must have missed it).

So jerkoff, cancels my order after holding my cash hostage for a month and he cancels me as non paying when I paid the day I got his shipping confirmation. Oh and then he leaves me negative feedback stating " No payment received from buyer after 26 days. "

That message and feedback are automatically generated when a seller changes the status to Canceled (Non Paying Buyer).

That message and feedback are automatically generated when a seller changes the status to Canceled (Non Paying Buyer).

I kind of thought that since almost all the negative feedback I've seen left for buyers was "No payment received from buyer after xx days" but I wasn't sure. Seller is still a fuck head and shouldn't have marked him as a non paying buyer.

he sounds like a complete wank.

are you able to Reply to his neg feedback in the Feedback From Seller section through your My Purchases / Order #xxxxxx-xxxx page?

So to hijack the thread.

I bought a rare record from the U.K. listed as an original press on Discogs. Item comes in and is a bootleg on a totally different color. I message the seller who say things to the effect of "it was a good price" and admits he knew it was a bootleg when he listed/shipped it, and will provide a refund if I return it.

Problem is I paid $16 to have it shipped to me and would cost the same to send it back and he is refusing to pay any of the return postage even though he knowingly mis-listed the item. What would you do VC?

So here is the deal. Make a claim with paypal, and make sure you file the claim as a BOOTLEG, explain in the notes it was a bootleg and the buyer did not tell you up front. Bootleg/Pirates of ANYTHING are not for sale through paypal. If you file the claim with paypal, you will win (or should). I had someone sell me a fake bootleg demo tape and tried to pass it off as the real deal. I won the claim and DID NOT have to send the item back. (Even though I sent it back anyways).

Guest deathbydrums
So, I ordered an lp from some chump on discogs for a decent price. He sent me an updated shipping rate the day after, so he's clearly checking the account. Long story that you've either heard or lived through, short, he never gave shipping confirmation. I emailed him 20 days after payment and then every few days thereafter and got no response.

So, wat do? Paypal claim him and be done of it? Do I do anything on discogs? Can the guy give me negative feedback if I get paypal to claw back the payment?

+1 for this thread's title

discogs will more than likely remove your negative feedback.

So to hijack the thread.

I bought a rare record from the U.K. listed as an original press on Discogs. Item comes in and is a bootleg on a totally different color. I message the seller who say things to the effect of "it was a good price" and admits he knew it was a bootleg when he listed/shipped it, and will provide a refund if I return it.

Problem is I paid $16 to have it shipped to me and would cost the same to send it back and he is refusing to pay any of the return postage even though he knowingly mis-listed the item. What would you do VC?

So here is the deal. Make a claim with paypal, and make sure you file the claim as a BOOTLEG, explain in the notes it was a bootleg and the buyer did not tell you up front. Bootleg/Pirates of ANYTHING are not for sale through paypal. If you file the claim with paypal, you will win (or should). I had someone sell me a fake bootleg demo tape and tried to pass it off as the real deal. I won the claim and DID NOT have to send the item back. (Even though I sent it back anyways).

This is exactly what I'm doing. We'll see how it works out.