Tshirt printing

Guest thankyoubasedgod

I own a street art and hip-hop inspired clothing line.

I would recommend you go with Next Level Apparel if you're looking for a fashion fit. It's high quality like American Apparel and has the same thin, tight fit but is cheaper (It's also a high end fashion brand like AA). If you're printing an incredibly detailed/complicated design, make sure you print on ring spun cotton. I'm not sure if all AA/Next Level Apparel is ring spun, so make sure to check.

If you need a printer resource, my resource has a sale going on for this summer on 1 color designs. 100 shirts would run you 400 dollars. They don't charge screen fees. IF you were to sell each shirt for 15 bucks, you'd make a 1100 profit. But 100 is a lot to go with and I wouldn't suggest that. It's better to have less product instead of more than you're capable of moving. You could always order more.

Feel free to PM me if you're interested in peeping my printer and I'll link you. They're a small business that's expanding quickly and just recently got a small warehouse. They've printed for Wiz Khalifa, Rockstar and Hot Topic.

Alternative Apparel has similar styles to American and usually a bit cheaper as well. The type of cotton only becomes a factor if your working with intricate artwork. Basically the tighter the knit, the better the transfer. Linescreen matters as well, but if your not printing yourself, just get the shirts you like, shouldn't be a factor. http://www.alternativeapparel.com/store/

Generally your going to get a set-up see for around $25-35 per screen. Plus a fee for shirt that varies by volume. I've seen anywhere from $1.50 to $7. Anyone will give you an estimate, 100 shirts is a fine amount so I'd plan for the lower end of that spectrum.

Try this: http://www.sundayprintco.com/Estimate_Request.html or go with the dude above me.

If you have a simple design, i'd say even just do some searches for screen printing websites. You should be able to get quick quotes right on the websites. The more you order, the less it's going to cost per shirt. But it even depends on where you go. When i first got shirts for my band, I think I was paying like $5.50 per shirt for small runs of 30-40 at a time. The next time I went back it was $7.50. The next time the dude wanted to charge me fucking $10 per shirt. Was giving me bullshit on how there's a cotton shortage and the cost is going up. So I talked to some people and a friend had just started a screen printing company and he got me $5.50 per shirt.

Prices I've seen for general heavy cotten gilden.

cheapest:

$3 for white shirt or $4 for colored shirt - + 25cents per color, and $25 dollar fee.

I trust http://contagiousgraphics.com/ and their shirts. REALLY good for stickers as well.

and don't get caught up in deals that save you money when you buy bulk. As said above, you probably won't get rid of them. I bought 1000 cds in my youth... for $1200 as opposed to 500 cds for like $800, and there are still cases on cases in my house.

I trust http://contagiousgraphics.com/ and their shirts. REALLY good for stickers as well.

I always go to them for stickers. Really good work.

Never gotten shirts though. Was considering it, but I have a friend who does that stuff that's local and can match their prices so I don't have to pay shipping.