PO: Flatfoot 56 - Toil (a few packages)

Got my baseball vinyl today. Record looks great. However I wasnt to thrilled that there isnt actually a jacket for the record, just a poster that folds around it.

Yeah, the vinyl is sweet. But this is the first record (or 3 records) I ever bought that didn't have an actual cover. Kinda weird.

I'm curious - did anybody else do the "bundle" that came with the pennant and "baseball cards"? I ordered the bundle before I realized you could get the baseball vinyl without buying the package. Anyway, I have to say that the additional $18 for the tiny, crappy pennant and "cards" may be the worst $18 I've ever spent. The cards are about 2/3 the size of an actual baseball card, and they don't even have anything printed on the back. Pretty lame. Oh well, the actual records do look sweet. Now I need to go spin one and see how it sounds.

Yeah, you made the right call. They're just the 5 individual pics from the inside of the "Black Thorn" album. And they're not thick like a baseball card. They're about the thickness of a ticket stub.

Ill just put this here:

The baseball cards and pennant are really rad though! Not something you usually see in packages.

Disappointed about two things, The baseball cards are really lame and they fucked up my order. I was supposed to get one of each color but I got two Baseballs instead of a rust. The pennants are kinda cool though.

That sucks. Hopefully they will make it right and get you a rust copy.

So, were you not disappointed that there is no real cover/jacket? That bugs me.

yeah, i found a solution. I have a bunch of plain black jackets, so I just used one of those.

Is that really a solution? I'm sure we can all find an empty sleeve to stick this record in. But the artwork on an album is part of the allure for me. Listening to vinyl is an experience. You pull out the record, put it on the turntable, sit down and look at the cool cover/inner sleeve as you listen. That's how it works for me, anyway.

Nobody answered this in the Red City Radio thread yet so...

Not trying to pile on but I have an honest question/assesment. Does anyone remember when P+P used to make a big deal and prided themselves on deluxe/custom packaging? I feel like for a label that used to be all about that all of a sudden is about clear PVC jackets with no center labels because its simple. Its really weird with this release because these already had cover art and center labels.. Big 180 if you ask me. What gives?

I am aware this release had center labels and some type of cover but still a valid question.