Old Flings - Spite LP - 3rd press in stock now!

Nope. I don't think so. We will have tests in a day or two but I would bet it'll be end of sept.early oct. before we have them. I hope to make it out to the show too. We will be set up at the Fest this year so if you guys are heading down to that we will have them there.

Bummer. I'll have to order pre-order it. This will be the first fest in four years that I will not be attending.

Here's what Rocket Fuel Podcast has to say about the Old Flings LP. Wow.

“90s-era Revelation Records meets Gin Blossoms meets Smashing Pumpkins meets Hum meets

Samiam” are the words that the Asheville, North Carolina band Old Flings use to describe their

band’s sound. After reading that I thought to myself, “is it possible that one band could have a

mix of so many different elements that I love and actually pull it off?” Well, this trio puts that

question to their test in their debut full-length, Spite. And let me just tell you that after listening

to the record dozens of times, the answer is unequivocally, yes.

Spite takes you on an emotional journey throughout its 11 tracks, while stopping along the way

at each musical landmark mentioned in their description. What is so unique about what Old

Flings have done with the songs on Spite is that they have effectively incorporated all of their

influences in each song without having songs dedicated to each influence, like this is the Samiam

song or this is the Gin Blossoms song. Throughout the entire record, I will hear something new

each time that highlights this. Whether it is the guitar work Merry Go Round sounding like

Samiam to the intro of Honest having a 90s college radio rock vibe to the bass intro on Grip

having that 90s Revelation Records sound, elements of all of these bands and styles of music that

I love are woven into each song and throughout the record. To me, the influence that shines the

brightest on Spite is Samiam. And let’s face it, if your main influence is Samiam, you are doing

just fine.

Besides the spot on work by Jordan Luff on bass and Travis Hollifield on drums, what stands

out to me is the vocal work by singer/guitarist Matt Evans. His delivery throughout the record is

so breathy and effortless yet commanding. From top to bottom, I can’t remember the last time I

heard a debut record that drew me in and captured me quite like Old Fling’s Spite has.

On the Rocket Fuel gauge for albums, a zero being that the album is out of gas, a five being that

the tank is half full or average and a ten being that the album is full of gas and ready to blast

off, I give Spite by Old Flings a 9. There is not a single filler track on this young band’s debut

and if you like any or all of the band’s influences, you have to hear their unique and astounding

performance on this record."

Here's what our weekend looks like (come out say hello):

- Friday the 24th in Greensboro, NC @ Buttery Day Ranch w/ Swordmasters of Ginaz and Stephen Kent of Radio Reds (https://www.facebook.com/events/231068240349473)

- Saturday the 25th in Baltimore, MD @ Sidebar Tavern for Feed the Scene One Year Anniversay

(https://www.facebook.com/events/441599299183471)

- Sunday the 26th in Roanoke, VA @ House Show w/ Tough Luck, Hard Evidence, Tiebreaker, more

(https://www.facebook.com/events/481240395221460)

Hope to see you at one of the shows! They're all really diverse and should be really, really fun!

Beat me to it. They have the song order backwards so hopefully we can get that fixed but other than that....listen and enjoy.

http://www.punknews.org/bands/oldflings

And if you like it maybe swing by and pick up the LP. We will have these at our table at Fest too. So stop by and say hello.

bittermelodyrecords.limitedpressing.com