KISS - Destroyer: Resurrected (back to black)

Got mine today too. Gave it to my dad and he wet his panties haha. Keeping it sealed unless we get a chance to get signatures. He's going to see Peter Criss at his last signing and most likely will open it then for the sig. Let me know how it sounds when you spin it and send me some pics of everything if you wouldn't mind Perm

See, I didn't even check Bleecker when I was in there. Lack of real spending money, and I'm much further removed from the Kiss fanaticism of my youth.

What cds do you still need?

Ill have to check when I go home this weekend. Less than 10 though. I was working one day and this dude stold like 20 to FYE and they had this buy 3 get 1 free used deal, so I pounced. All remasters too! For like 54 in total. Thats including the limited edition digipack of Alive IV!

Got my copy today. "New" cover is awesome. And the booklet inside has the "original" (as we knew it) cover, so you can look at them side by side and check out the differences. Maybe I'm a nerd, but that alone made this worth it to me. I haven't had a chance to listen yet, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that it's on 180-gram vinyl. I don't remember that being mentioned in the release info. Will be spinning it tomorrow.

This convention must've been recent. An old friend of mine organized one a long time ago, and he figured the band would be stoked about it. The only interaction he got with them was their lawyers contacting him saying "if you use (insert crazy obscure bullshit he wanted to use to advertise for it or get printed in a program), we'll sue you into the stone age."

He did all of the legwork, and a bunch of us over at the old Kiss Asylum board had his back the whole time, even flying out to Vegas to attend and such. he actually got Mark St. John to be a guest. Maybe Eric Singer made an appearance, I can't remember.

He ended up losing a lot of money, and being really disenfranchised with Kiss as a whole. He ended up selling the leftover programs on the Kiss Asylum board and basically gave a lot of his Kiss stuff away to people who bought those. He had a sizable collection (ebayed the really good stuff), and some people got really big surprises in the mail with their order of multiple programs to help him out.

Sorry to be a buzzkill on the band. It just sucked that something that was supposed to be a celebration of a band that meant so much to him turned out to be what drove him to completely disown them. This is the buy who, when I turned 13, sent me my first Kiss bootleg VHS concert tapes. I still have that shit. I wouldn't have seen the Tom Snyder interview until years later if it weren't for him. Shit just sucks that things turned out that way.

Also, 30 for a Kiss shirt is cheap as hell. When I saw 'em last in '10 with The Academy Is... (which was probably the weirdest choice for main support I've seen with them), the shirts were $40, minimum.