PO: Trey Anastasio - Traveler

Yeesh. This is my first encounter with a Phish fan in the wild, and I have to say all the stereotypes are true:

• Incredibly passionate
  • Incredibly defensive at the slightest/no provocation
  • Capable of incredibly broad, stark comparisons: either appreciate the majesty of Phish -or- you like teenybopper bands and chart-topping radio hits
  • The worst

I guess I will never understand the beauty of lethargic 12 minute renditions of late night talk show house band bumper music, maaaaan. I'll just keep listening to Justin Bieber and Nickelback 4eva.

Trolls are worse than Phish fans, which is what you seem to be. Sucks youll never understand it, now move along.

Maybe people just dont like Phish. You rip on people for liking stuff 14 year old girls like but the last Phish show I went to the audience was not too far off that. Also, with Phish's incredibley juvenile lyrics I don't think you should question the maturity of other genres of music. Yes I used to be a Phish fan, saw a bunch of shows but got bored with the fact the the lyrics were bad, vocals are shit, I stopped liking anything new and just got bored with it. Plus a large portion of their fans are just assholes whether it be the pretending to be hippies are the self righteous assholes who thought they were better then everyone else because they liked a band. I so found that people who hated Phish generally didnt hate them because of the music, a lot of people find it boring, but a lot of people hate them because of their fans attitudes.

OK, we get it...you're a huge Phish fan and love their music...fine. But don't get your panties in a wad because there are people who don't like Phish. You seem to take very personal that there are others who don't like them and don't care about them.

I've been to many Phish shows back in the day and still have a bunch of their CD's. I don't deny their musicianship and proficiency, but I don't see any reason to get upset if other people don't see it the same way as you.

Just chill dude. People on this message board and every other one out there will like what they like.

So can we all agree that the takeaway from all of this is that you're a bit of a dick if you do either of two things when a PO thread pops up:

A) you posted it and then throw out insults at everyone else on the board who didn't comment with elation.

B) you come to the thread solely to troll and bash a band (even if it's a case like this one, where situation A occurred first.)

Deal?

I'm still on the fence about this release, btw...not a fan of Trey's voice, but he is a good guitarist.

The only quasi-solo album I picked up from him was Time Turns Elastic... which I did not care for.

So can we all agree that the takeaway from all of this is that you're a bit of a dick if you do either of two things when a PO thread pops up:

A) you posted it and then throw out insults at everyone else on the board who didn't comment with elation.

B) you come to the thread solely to troll and bash a band (even if it's a case like this one, where situation A occurred first.)

Deal?

I'm still on the fence about this release, btw...not a fan of Trey's voice, but he is a good guitarist.

The only quasi-solo album I picked up from him was Time Turns Elastic... which I did not care for.

Vinyl? Care to trade?

OK, we get it...you're a huge Phish fan and love their music...fine. But don't get your panties in a wad because there are people who don't like Phish. You seem to take very personal that there are others who don't like them and don't care about them.

I've been to many Phish shows back in the day and still have a bunch of their CD's. I don't deny their musicianship and proficiency, but I don't see any reason to get upset if other people don't see it the same way as you.

Just chill dude. People on this message board and every other one out there will like what they like.

Honestly, worst case scenario its helping keep this thread bumped...

THIS THIS THIS.

I like a million other bands. Most of which dont fit the stereotype of most threads on this board.

Just an FYI, you need to have 2 willing parties in order to argue, I'm just filling 1/2 of that dilemma.

Just trying to throw out a PO of something different on this message board. I think most would agree this board would be better if the topics discussed were a bit more diverse.

Seriously?!?!?! What the fuck? Now I get all of the jokes about people being so drugged out that they think that that sounds good.

[media=]

[/media]

Hey guise, new to the boards here and had to comment....

To say you need to be on drugs to enjoy that shows how bad of taste you have in music right off the bat. That was a professional jam session and it was fun to watch SOBER.

This guy was trying to be cute and make fun of that video but I gotta be honest, that was some pretty impressive stuff. I'll def look into more of his stuff, cause those guys were grooving along at the 3:30 mark and until the end, I haven't heard musical communication like that before. I like the way he tells the drums to stop and all you hear is his wailing guitar with the trumpets! Sick! I wish I had a band that could perform that well.

timbrh, please pm with some sweet shows he does!!!

Hey guise, new to the boards here and had to comment....

To say you need to be on drugs to enjoy that shows how bad of taste you have in music right off the bat. That was a professional jam session and it was fun to watch SOBER.

This guy was trying to be cute and make fun of that video but I gotta be honest, that was some pretty impressive stuff. I'll def look into more of his stuff, cause those guys were grooving along at the 3:30 mark and until the end, I haven't heard musical communication like that before. I like the way he tells the drums to stop and all you hear is his wailing guitar with the trumpets! Sick! I wish I had a band that could perform that well.

timbrh, please pm with some sweet shows he does!!!

PM sent, enjoy!