PO: Titus Andronicus - Local Business

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah it leaked I'd say about almost two weeks ago now. The recording is absolutely terrible, just super dull and lifeless. The exact opposite of the Monitor which sonically, I think is one of my favourite recordings. There are some good songs in there but lots of duds and to me it just sounds incomplete and nothing like the band I know.

Yeah it leaked I'd say about almost two weeks ago now. The recording is absolutely terrible, just super dull and lifeless. The exact opposite of the Monitor which sonically, I think is one of my favourite recordings. There are some good songs in there but lots of duds and to me it just sounds incomplete and nothing like the band I know.

Pretty much. Yea.

I (sadly) have to agree. The Monitor is one of my favorite albums ever, and this one isn't just bad compared to The Monitor, it's just bad in general. It sounds like a different band, and I have no idea what they were trying to get across. Still waiting for that first listen on vinyl with the lyrics sheet with hopes that it'll click, but as of right now I'll have my fingers crossed that they stick to the first 2 albums when I see them in November.

Based on the two singles I've heard I've been pretty disappointed, but I was really holding out hope that the rest of the album would be much better. It almost seems as if they approached this record trying to distance themselves from the magnitude of The Monitor. I still haven't heard it in its entirety, so maybe I'm jumping to conclusions.

Got this randomly in the mail today. Came straight from Matador for some reason (I guess they're the XL distro) and I was silently hoping I'd won some contest that I forgot about since I hadn't ordered anything from them lately haha. The red is opaque and the sleeve is gatefold and made from the same material as The Monitor. This is a very handsome package for $13.

tumblr_mbya6tQHjh1rc4beio1_1280.jpg

I'm actually enjoying the album quite a bit after a few listens... other than The Electric Man.

I agree with jetsfan though, this album sounds like they're distancing themselves from The Monitor quite intentionally. Making an album like that twice would probably cut 10 years off Stickles life haha.

I don't know why people are hating on it. Sure it's no Monitor, but they said the next album was gonna be stripped down and "a straightforward rock'n roll album." After a few listens, I really really love it. Lyrics are on point, like always. Album's a breeze to listen to, too, which is always a plus for me.

But fuck Food Fight!, man. Like, why.