Reusing Mailers

do you all really drive down to the post office every time you have to mail one package? whenever i have to mail something, i just walk out my front door and hand the box to my mailman.

yes i really drive to the post office. usually on a break from work, nice 20 minute break in the day.

If someone gifts you a payment, you can't use PayPal's shipping service. The only other option (for media mail) is to use stamps.com and pay 17 bucks a month to do it.

On top of this some of us have dickhole mail carriers who not only won't accept any outgoing mail, but don't even bring any packages to the doorstep.

So the answer is yes, sometimes I really do go to the post office when I have to mail a package.

Stamps.com is worth every penny I pay for it (and it's not $17 a month, either).

I've been charged 4 to 5 bucks for media mail shipping and received records in obviously recycled mailers with an actual shipping charge on the package of about 2.50 to 3.50 from time to time. You get taken for a buck or two sometimes. Sucks.

eBay doesn't let you charge more than $4 for Media Mail. It costs about $2.66 to ship. You also get charged about a $0.36 shipping fee from eBay. So right there you're already talking just over $3. Then if you have them go through paypal, they take their cut. Really nobody is profiting this way even if they re-use a mailer. If anything I'm happy to receive them because it is being eco-friendly. There's just no reason to throw away a perfectly good mailer, wasteful. Plus you could always re-use it yourself and save money as well so its kind of just a cycle (unless you don't sell any records).

yes you can. you just go Multi-Order Shipping and manually input the shipping information.

Nice! I definitely have to try that the next time I run into this situation.

Stamps.com is worth every penny I pay for it (and it's not $17 a month, either).

That's awesome man. It was a really legit service when I needed it and was selling more, now I send maybe one or two a month so I just couldn't justify the cost for myself.

I originally signed up for their free trial and after they automatically enrolled me in their higher cost plan (without giving me a choice), it was like $16 or $17 a month after taxes. I probably just didn't read the fine print, but I was just bitter over it. When I called their customer service they were all gung ho about giving me a free month and lowering it to $9.99 a month after that, but the truth was I just didn't need it anymore. I still took the free month and cancelled just before it was up, however :lol:

eBay doesn't let you charge more than $4 for Media Mail. It costs about $2.66 to ship. You also get charged about a $0.36 shipping fee from eBay. So right there you're already talking just over $3. Then if you have them go through paypal, they take their cut. Really nobody is profiting this way even if they re-use a mailer. If anything I'm happy to receive them because it is being eco-friendly. There's just no reason to throw away a perfectly good mailer, wasteful. Plus you could always re-use it yourself and save money as well so its kind of just a cycle (unless you don't sell any records).

Exactly, all those little extra charges are why I just make the trip to the post office.