Reusing Mailers

Used to be an awesome little shop in Athens where the dude would sell me mailers for $0.60 if I needed them. I'd usually buy a used lp and he'd tack the mailer on. That was before the Internet took over my life and my wallet and I developed a closet full of used mailers. Always felt like it was a little bit my fault the place shut down. I rarely sell anything but when I do I mail used. Just saying there are cheap options out there if you find a store that will swing something like that.

do you all really drive down to the post office every time you have to mail one package? whenever i have to mail something, i just walk out my front door and hand the box to my mailman.

A lot of people work or live in apartments so it would be pretty hard to bump into the mailman.

And you've got to weigh your package and print out your own label.

Usually if it's just 1 or 2 records and you use media mail, it's going to weigh less than one pound in weight. On USPS.com or paypal, it's 2.66 for anything less than a pound. The one or two times I've purchased postage from the post office it's been 3.99 for the same thing. You can save about 1.43 / record printing labels online and taping it on the mailer. I find it to be alot less work than writing the other persons address on the mailer anyways. So even if you have to go to the post office, save yourself some money and time and print the label off yourself. And sticking with the original topic, if I'm using a used mailer, I just tape the label right over the address that was already written on there and sharpee out the return address.

A lot of people work or live in apartments so it would be pretty hard to bump into the mailman.

ah, good point. sometimes i forget that there are people with actual lives.

And you've got to weigh your package and print out your own label.

Usually if it's just 1 or 2 records and you use media mail, it's going to weigh less than one pound in weight. On USPS.com or paypal, it's 2.66 for anything less than a pound. The one or two times I've purchased postage from the post office it's been 3.99 for the same thing. You can save about 1.43 / record printing labels online and taping it on the mailer. I find it to be alot less work than writing the other persons address on the mailer anyways. So even if you have to go to the post office, save yourself some money and time and print the label off yourself. And sticking with the original topic, if I'm using a used mailer, I just tape the label right over the address that was already written on there and sharpee out the return address.

what rudeboy said. using the usps site is so much easier and more convenient. the only time i've ever had to pay more than $2.66 to ship something is when i'm sending it international.

Really? It's more expensive for me to ship media mail via PayPal because they charge a fee to use their label service. It only costs 2.89 at my post office.

ah, good point. sometimes i forget that there are people with actual lives.

what rudeboy said. using the usps site is so much easier and more convenient. the only time i've ever had to pay more than $2.66 to ship something is when i'm sending it international.

How do you get it for 2.66? USPS doesn't offer media mail online.

do you all really drive down to the post office every time you have to mail one package? whenever i have to mail something, i just walk out my front door and hand the box to my mailman.

If someone gifts you a payment, you can't use PayPal's shipping service. The only other option (for media mail) is to use stamps.com and pay 17 bucks a month to do it.

On top of this some of us have dickhole mail carriers who not only won't accept any outgoing mail, but don't even bring any packages to the doorstep.

So the answer is yes, sometimes I really do go to the post office when I have to mail a package.