Sufjan Stevens - Christmas Box

turns out he's been playing non-christmas encores!

I know - crazy. Good for those who hate Christmas.

Thanks for this. On Amazon, it says it will be released on December 4th. Do you know if that means it will ship out by then?

It should be. These are done being pressed and are being shipped out in the next week or two. If not Dec. 4, shouldn't be long after.

Okay, so I just saw Sufjan in Tucson and it was great. I definitely recommend checking him out if you have a chance. I also picked the vinyl box set (for 120!) at the concert. It's pretty awesome, but I was wondering if it is the same as the preorder. The girl at the merch table said that they only had 50 for the tour and that it was part of the 2000. I was wondering though if anybody knows what came with the preorder? Was it on white vinyl?

I don't know about you guys, but Sufjan's originals are my favorite tracks on here. Although I love most of the covers too, I'd love to be able to just spin his 20+ songs straight through. Here's the thing: He made all of his original songs public domain and in one of his essays encouraged people to use them however they wish. How about somebody makes some sweet original screen printed cover art, presses them on red and green vinyl or something, and sells them at cost? Nobody's making money off Sufjan's work, we just get to have a concise collection of his originals.   

I don't know about you guys, but Sufjan's originals are my favorite tracks on here. Although I love most of the covers too, I'd love to be able to just spin his 20+ songs straight through. Here's the thing: He made all of his original songs public domain and in one of his essays encouraged people to use them however they wish. How about somebody makes some sweet original screen printed cover art, presses them on red and green vinyl or something, and sells them at cost? Nobody's making money off Sufjan's work, we just get to have a concise collection of his originals.   

I really don't understand the point in this. I mean, they are already on vinyl, and in a sensational box set. Redundant?

I really don't understand the point in this. I mean, they are already on vinyl, and in a sensational box set. Redundant?

Well, I bought the cd box because I wanted the essays and lyrics. I don't care even a little bit about the stickers, poster, tattoos or ornament and I can't justify an extra $100 to have the songs on vinyl when I'll only really listen to it 4 weeks per year, especially the traditional songs. For $10-$15 though, I would love to have his originals on vinyl. They're my favorite songs on the album and I'd probably even listen to them outside of Christmas. Maybe I'm the only one.