San Diego record stores?

There's also off the record in carlsbad, It's def worth a trip (a little bit past lou's on highway 101). I thought m theory had a okish selection compared to lou's and off the record. I think i might just enjoy the drive so much to both of those because of the 101

Record City is huge, lot of selection, fairly good prices on used vinyl. Thirsty Moon is pretty tiny, but I picked up a copy of Mutations by Beck for $30, saw a white vinyl Crazy Rhythms by the Feelies for $15. It's mostly pretty weird. M-Theory is small, I picked up some good used finds there, and the guy that worked there was pretty cool. All of those are definitely worth going to. I basically walked to all three of these.

Taang has some cool stuff (it's not far from Record City and Thirsty Moon), way overpriced, and went to a store called "Cow", and I didn't find much in there, though the guy working at M-Theory said he found an original press of one of the first four Scott Walker Records and it was pretty hit or miss. I should also mention "Cow" was a 30 minute bus ride from where I was staying, so it kind of felt like a waste of time. I feel like there may have been another store I went to.

If you head toward Lou's, there's spin in Carlsbad, about 20 mins from lous, a little expensive tho IMO. Then there's standards in vista, bout another 15 from spin, best in north county.

Ah whoops I meant spin instead of off the record, don't know how I got them confused

• 1 month later...

I did north county for you. Definitely a trek, but I've done it a few times, so I'd recommend it, and they're all kind of on the way to eachother. So... start at Lou's: 434 North Coast Highway 101, Encinitas, continue north to Spin: 370 Grand, Carlsbad. Eat at one of the many fine Mexican food restaurants around. Head north again to Standards: 216 E. Broadway, Vista, from there head east to the other major freeway, hit Gary's Record Paradise: 1911 Sunset Drive #5, Escondido, then head back south to La Mesa. Good luck, hope you can make the trek!