Frusciante vinyl reissues

futre

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I ended up caving and buying Automatic Writing. That is the most I have ever paid for a new single LP but fuck that album is so good. Now I am going to feel incomplete until I buy AW II.

I know I'm going to be in the minority here, but my wife has been in love with John for longer than we've known each other. It could be the petty jealousy within me, or whathaveyou, but any time she tries to play me one of his first solo records, all I hear is shitty acoustic nickelback songs. Shitty nickelback, mind you.

Yeah, I admit my comment is entirely subjective, but I just had to ask. I've only listened to a few songs off his first two solo deals, so I can't fully judge.

I love twisting the knife into my wife though when it comes to Frusciante/Chili Peppers/Zeppelin/Floyd/Madonna.

I'm going to give these a listen. I'll never admit it to her if I enjoy it, though. I can't handle the floodgates bursting. She hates my music, and I keep it to myself and drive her crazy with it, and vice versa. Keeps things interesting.

I went with Curtains. I've listened to that album so much over the years, but geeze dat price tag. There's a part of me hoping there is a sale I run into down the line and I'll somehow get the rest of the albums for super cheap. This is where I begin and end for the time being. Sounds great, but the packaging is weak for the cost.

I am hoping for the same thing. I went against my standards and picked AW up regardless of cost but I hate buying into things like that. I would love to own all of the presses but will wait to see if I can ever find them cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a copy of "Courtains" and "The Empyrean" today.

Anyone listened to Courtains yet? I took a first listen earlier today, and there were a few hearable clicks. No poppings, but annoying noises. No scratches or so on the record itself. Anyone else had the same problems. Empyrean sounds great.

The record came sealed btw.

I got all reissues except for dc ep today, too. Listening to curtains right now and there are clicks on "time tonight", havent noticed anything on the other songs though. Where does it say "courtains" on your copy?

The only cosmetical problem i have is the fact that "will to death" is labelled as "inside of emptyness" (with a y, yes!) on the spine and the actual emptiness record has the same typo too.

I got all reissues except for dc ep today, too. Listening to curtains right now and there are clicks on "time tonight", havent noticed anything on the other songs though. Where does it say "courtains" on your copy?

The only cosmetical problem i have is the fact that "will to death" is labelled as "inside of emptyness" (with a y, yes!) on the spine and the actual emptiness record has the same typo too.

This was a typo. I think it was Hope, Ascension and a bit of Time Tonight. So it seems to be a pressing fault.

Got a copy of "Courtains" and "The Empyrean" today.

Anyone listened to Courtains yet? I took a first listen earlier today, and there were a few hearable clicks. No poppings, but annoying noises. No scratches or so on the record itself. Anyone else had the same problems. Empyrean sounds great.

The record came sealed btw.

That's a bummer. It's good to hear that Empyrean sounds great though, because I have an original that I was never really pleased with the sound. Quite a bit of surface noise and not very dynamic at all. So, I may have to spring for the repress after all.

That's crazy.