Lillingtons 6xLP Boxset

I'm curious if new vinyl 78s are mastered using the RIAA curve; old 78s definitely were not, which is why they sound so tinny through modern pre-amps that use the curve.

I think all modern records are mastered with the RIAA curve, even if they play with 78 rpm.

You may check out the cool 78 rpm albums by Kitty, Daisy & Lewis. They look like a 1940s record album. And the music is great too.

isn't that a mistake?  shouldn't it have been fixed?

It was intentional. I believe Todd's comment way back in the thread was that it was so that people could distinguish a test from a regular pressing. But the tests were black, so that alone makes them different I think.

Definitely intentional and just something to make them different.

Guest mastenator

It was intentional. I believe Todd's comment way back in the thread was that it was so that people could distinguish a test from a regular pressing. But the tests were black, so that alone makes them different I think.

Definitely intentional and just something to make them different.

That's dumb. I don't think it was intentional at all. 

Hello there, ok, the tie dye's are all fucked up with the plates out of order on the two sides.

if you'd like a refund, please send the records back and I'll refund you your money plus postage.

The tests were done intentionally all out of order but the labels were all supposed to be on the correct side.

Here the plates got on the wrong side on two of the records.

Yes this sucks...

I took every precaution to avoid this type of issue with numbering the labels and then numbering the matrix with the same fucking number.

yes I'm pissed about this as well...

SORRY

TODD

Guest mastenator

Todd I'm perfectly happy with my set. It's a minor issue that I can easily overlook. The overall quality and TLC that was put into this set is still astounding. Don't get too down about it. Thanks again for doing this. 

i cant imagine why this would be a big deal to anyone. its not like youre missing music. its all still there. mistakes happen

This. I will gladly buy a tie dye from someone for cost+shipping if they are unhappy with it.  ;) 

This is indeed the tie dye set that I ordered, but I'm not the one selling it. My fiancee knew I was interested in the set so she surprised me by ordering a bagged version. Obviously I'm going to keep the gift set. I sold the tie dye to a friend for $100. I told him it was rare and that he was free to do whatever he wanted with it.

If you don't believe me, check your records. You'll see that both a tie dye set and a bagged version were delivered to the same address.

I'll be sure to tell him the set is limited to 50 copies. Thanks.

Good luck getting any limited teenage bottle rocket box set.