PO: Rise Records 4 LP vinyl Bundles - Of Mice&Men, Sleeping W/Sirens, Like Moths to Flames, MMF

Johnny Craig blows that other dude out of the water any day, man!

The fact that you call him "that other dude" makes me think you probably haven't /really/ listened to Kurt's DGD. Go listen to Happiness all the way through and tell me Jonny's better.

Edit: I also didn't say Jonny wasn't good. Jonny and Kurt have very different voices. Jonny is amazing in Emarosa, but Kurt fits in DGD so much better than Jonny. Plus no one in the band can stand him.

I couldn't care less whose personality is better. I'm a huge DGD fanboy, not just with their stuff with Jonny. I loved their self-titled album and I couldn't imagine that album with anyone else other than Kurt on it. But when it comes down to personal preference, Downtown Battle Mountain is and forever will be one of my favorite albums. I wish I could like Happiness as much as everyone else does. Don't get me wrong, I still love it, because well... it's DGD, but it just didn't really hit me as much as their other albums. I think it was because I couldn't get over how much I wished that Jon Mess was with them at the time.

I couldn't care less whose personality is better. I'm a huge DGD fanboy, not just with their stuff with Jonny. I loved their self-titled album and I couldn't imagine that album with anyone else other than Kurt on it. But when it comes down to personal preference, Downtown Battle Mountain is and forever will be one of my favorite albums. I wish I could like Happiness as much as everyone else does. Don't get me wrong, I still love it, because well... it's DGD, but it just didn't really hit me as much as their other albums. I think it was because I couldn't get over how much I wished that Jon Mess was with them at the time.

Well, I just think Happiness is musically their best album, lyrically their best album, and vocally their best album. It's so different than everything else, and so fucking weird, that I just love it. I love everything DGD has ever done. Jon Mess does a wonderful job at Happiness live.

Probably gonna bite on the sws even though they're really, really cliche and their first album is better. Guess the marbled cream vinyl just piqued my interest.

They're not as cliche as half of the shit that floods Hot Topic these days. Why would you buy it if you don't like them? Is the color really that cool sounding to you?

They're not as cliche as half of the shit that floods Hot Topic these days. Why would you buy it if you don't like them? Is the color really that cool sounding to you?

No need to sound so butt-hurt. I was joking and poking fun at everyone (including myself) that flips out over colored vinyl. I also said that I liked their first album more than this one, so that means I like them at least somewhat, right?

No need to sound so butt-hurt. I was joking and poking fun at everyone (including myself) that flips out over colored vinyl. I also said that I liked their first album more than this one, so that means I like them at least somewhat, right?

Wasn't trying to sound butt-hurt. Was generally curious.

Anatomy Of A Ghost- Evanesce

The whole DGD catalog

Before Their Eyes-S/T

In Aviate-1985

Tides Of Man catalog

Take The Crown-Relapse React

Emarosa- Relativity

Any of these would have been better than these four albums. Rise has a really solid back catalog in my opinion, its a shame they don't do more with it.

The only thing from that little list I could even see selling a tiny bit is Emarosa and I think that trying to sell out a pressing of 1000 would be a stretch.

Emarosa and Dance Gavin Dance both have a pretty massive following. But those are the only two of those bands I see selling more than 100 copies. I'd love to see Tides of Man, but I know that wont happen, unless the band does a small run, which they won't, because they're butt-hurt about Tilian.

• 1 month later...

Well we got a PMToday release so you never know about a Tides release. Though not likely, one can hope! But yea, I need a DGD box set asap.

A DGD boxset would make my life. I also got my SWS record in the other day. Looks/sounds good. I guess I overlooked the signed card that came with it when I ordered, but it was a nice surprise.