PO: Rise Records 4 LP vinyl Bundles - Of Mice&Men, Sleeping W/Sirens, Like Moths to Flames, MMF

Just curious. If you don't think Dance Gavin Dance records would sell, do you think the ones Rise chose to issue are good choices for pressing?

Sleeping With Sirens, Of Mice & Men, and Memphis May Fire have a bunch of little fangirls creaming their panties every time their names are mentioned. Those three bands are some of the most popular bands in the current Hot Topic scene. Just like how Bring me the Horizon and The Devil Wears Prada were a few years ago. Rise is only gonna release what they think is popular at the moment. Hence why none of these bands have their first albums or any other vinyl pressed (with the exception of the MMF 7"). If they sell or not, that remains to be seen, since most of the people who listen to these bands are 14 year old scene kids. No offense to anyone who likes them. I do like all Sleeping With Sirens and early OM&M/MMF.

Maybe we can all bug the hell out of them to press DGD.

I know it will never happen but if they ever pressed Oceana's The Tide, I dont even know what I would do. But yeah I also am all for the DGD stuff to be pressed. I think Emarosa would do a lot better than people think. Especially that self titled album. They have a pretty big following. I think a run of 500 for Emarosa would sell out. 1000 may be a stretch but its possible.

Every time a Rise thread pops up hardly anyone could give a fuck about the actual records being pressed. It always strays into back catalog territory. I think DGD could definitely sell 500-1000 copies. I'd like to see some of the other records pressed, but I think DGD is probably the most realistic. Some of the releases you see come out these days being pressed out of 1000, even 2000 copies I think would sell far worse than catalog stuff, purely because (as mentioned before), these are run of the mill bands have younger fanbases who most likely aren't interested in vinyl yet.

Im honestly surprised DGD hasnt released anything on vinyl yet. Especially since everything they do is strictly for money. Which is why they reunited with Jonny in the first place.

If that was the case, they wouldn't have kicked him out in the first place. Nor would they have done it a second time. Nor would they have gotten vocalists like Kurt and Tilian who aren't really household names. They reunited with Jonny because they wanted to do a sequel to DTBM.

If that was the case, they wouldn't have kicked him out in the first place. Nor would they have done it a second time. Nor would they have gotten vocalists like Kurt and Tilian who aren't really household names. They reunited with Jonny because they wanted to do a sequel to DTBM.

No dude. Believe that all you want, Im really not trying to name drop but I have heard from multiple people close to the situation including Kurt himself and they said DGD straight up told Kurt that they were going to cash in and make that second album with Jonny. Youre right in the aspect that they wanted to do the sequel album, but it was for money. They had to finally kick him out because they were tired of all the shit he put them through on a daily basis. Shit like getting stopped at boarder patrol for needles found in Jonnys bed and shit. They still tour because its a source of income. They were supposed to break up so many times now I lost count. Every tour is always supposed to be their last. 

• 5 months later...

Don't mean to bump an old topic, but I was wondering if the OM&M album is sought after, this mall I visit has quite a few and I wouldn't mind picking up a few for others.
They also have Let's Cheer For This around here somewhere.and Challenger but I feel like I've seen people discuss wanting OM&M on these boards before.