Help with a Vinyl Christmas Gift

I need to try and get a gift for my brothers wife. She thinks my family doesn't like her so I figured for Christmas I'd try and find a record that she might like. So I had my brother give me a handful of bands that she like and I'll try and find something that she might like.

Her like are -

Portugal the Man

David Bowie

Supertramp

Postal Service

.fuN

Fiest

Pink Floyd (favorite)

If anyone of you have any ideas for a more obscure record that would fit someone with this kind of taste please pass it on. I think I have the Fiest / Mastadon split I'll give her but am trying to find a band that she wouldn't know of to get her.

Please and Thank you.

or

Much Hate and Angry Scowl

Well, if you want to give her something you know she likes, and are willing to spend a bit to get her something pretty, is suggest the rainbow splatter variant of fun.'s Aim & Ignite, or either the clear w/ gold splatter version of Waiter: You Vultures, or a swirl variant of Church mouth by Portugal the Man.

As far stuff she doesn't know... Foxy Shazam, Manchester Orchestra/Bad Books/Kevin Devine can sort of have that vibe. Animal Collective if she likes any electronic stuff. The Dear Hunter, maybe? Dear Hunter is currently touring with Portugal. The Academy Is... and Panic! at the Disco get compared to fun. a lot. Circa Survive and Portugal the Man tour together sometimes. Good Old War, if she likes the acoustic side of things.

I need a price range.

If you're looking for new bands in that vein:

Yellow Ostrich

The Griswolds

Grouplove

Walk the Moon

Jungle Giants

A few to check out that I've been jamming to lately and we have the same taste.

If she likes acoustic stuff I can give way more recommendations

Also, I second the Aim & Ignite splatter and the Kevin Devine/MO/BB recommendation

My brother is a big Vinyl nerd so she has that covered.

I'm mainly just trying to find a new band or two that is similar to what she already likes. I'm trying to do that to show that i put time and thought into her gift so she hopefully will stop thinking I hate her. Variants are out because she would be furious over someone paying a premium for a pretty colored vinyl. Getting her used Floyd records and stuff like that is out because I think my brother likes keeping those free so he can get those to have their kids give her as inexpensive presents.

Foxy Shazam, Bad Books and Group Love are what I am leaning towards now but I haven't checked ou the bands from the last few posts. When I get home tonight I'll check out the rest of the bands mentioned in here.

Thanks all for the suggestions, I suck royally at picking out music for people.

Steaming Satellites! saw these guys live with portugal a while back and became an instant fan. great band from austria.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81kCHcp6AAo

http://www.amazon.de/The-Mustache-Mozart-Affaire-Vinyl/dp/B006HIYOM4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1354612025&sr=8-4

ive no idea where to buy this thing in the us but if you dig them and want to get their record its on amazon.de and in case that wont work for you, ill gladly help you out getting it