PO: Josh Ritter - The Beast in Its Tracks

Just got my deluxe in the mail from Amoeba!

Was hoping for a gatefold, but oh well! The clear vinyl is super duper clear which is cool! Just hope it sounds ok!!!

cant wait to spin! and pretty cool the 7" has 3 songs not 2!! nice surprise, even if one of them is 1:50min...

Loving that slip mat too! I have like 5 slipmats otherwise Id pick up!!!

sharkticon, who are you in this "we"?

JR puts on one of the best live shows ive seen by the way.  the new record is not as strong as Animal Years or Historical Conquests, but it is definitely growing on me

I handle merch, photos, maintaining Josh's sites, tour promo and lots more. I'm at almost every one of his shows, so if you're coming out to one, definitely say hello!

man, totally missed the boat on this.

anywhere online to order a deluxe jam?

Nowhere online. We sold a super limited amount in our webstore. And the online retailers who had them have run out (Amoeba, Newbury Comics, etc). Some local record stores might still have copies. The deluxe edition is denoted by that little yellow flag at the top that says "Deluxe Edition" on the front and the hand numbering on the back. Good luck, man.

Just got my deluxe in the mail from Amoeba!

Was hoping for a gatefold, but oh well! The clear vinyl is super duper clear which is cool! Just hope it sounds ok!!!

cant wait to spin! and pretty cool the 7" has 3 songs not 2!! nice surprise, even if one of them is 1:50min...

Loving that slip mat too! I have like 5 slipmats otherwise Id pick up!!!

Awesome! And thank you so much for picking it up. Mine sounds killer. I'm sure yours will, too. Come see Josh kill these songs live.

For a taste, NPR has a stream of his album release show in NYC right over here - http://www.npr.org/event/music/172415060/npr-music-presents-josh-ritter-in-concert

Josh and the band are also playing on tomorrow night's (Tuesday) Late Show with Letterman. Emilia Clarke will be on, too. I'm so bummed I can't be with them for it. I wanna meet Khaleesi  :wub:

JR puts on one of the best live shows ive seen by the way.  the new record is not as strong as Animal Years or Historical Conquests, but it is definitely growing on me

Definitely agree with both statements above. At this point I prefer the more epic/historical/story-telling songwriting of previous albums, although I have only listened to the new record a couple times, hoping it's a grower. I was surprised to see that Zach Hickman only plays on 1 song on the record. I haven't listened to the bonus 7" yet.

I pre-ordered the Deluxe LP and noticed on the included CD that there is 4-5 minutes of silence between the 7th and 8th tracks, which is the same place the side break is on the LP. It's like they were trying to simulate having to get up and turn the LP over on the CD as well. Is that intentional/how it's supposed to be or is my CD (or CD player) wonky? If intentional, that's pretty cool.

Also, in comparing the lyrics on the printed inner sleeve to what Josh actually says/sings there are quite a few differences, including the sleeve missing the last 3 lines of the last verse of Nightmares.

• 10 months later...