Okay okay okay. This girl just asked me if I can give her a ride home when we get to our stop ...ive never met her and I also don't want to get stabbed tonight. I said no but I feel bad but...idk. What would you guys do??

Personally, I would never get in a car with a stranger.... Right?

Not in a car, no.

One time in Windsor (right across the border from Detroit) some guy approached me with some sob-story about how he didn't have enough money to cross the border, and he was begging people to try and get home.  I dunno if it was legit but he seemed convincing, and knew how much he needed.  Maybe it really was for a bottle of vodka, but I thought if he really was stranded across the border that would suck.

So I took all my change out of my pocket and sorted through it, keeping anything that was a quarter or above and unloaded all the nickels, dimes, and pennies on the guy.  Probably wasn't much but he was a little closer and I don't like carrying small change around anyway.

Right after my (ex-)girlfriends mom was like "I can't believe you did that." and I was like 'what do you mean?'  She replied, "Well, he could have been a psycho or something." Hahaha.

Frank has so many medical issues. It's stressing us out and has been a huge financial drain. After another vet appt today I came home and cried from being so stressed and not knowing what I can do to help him. Bulldogs really are the most high matinence breed. I was prepared for it, but I didn't think it'd be this bad. He's been on all sorts of different Meds since we got him.

I'm so sorry.  He's such a cute little bugger.  I hate that some breeds are just stricken with illnesses and cancer.  It's not fair and it's the worst thing to see them suffer.  My cousin's one golden retriever had to have part of his jaw removed because he had cancer, now her 2 year old retriever has cancer and had to get a growth removed.  

Not in a car, no.

One time in Windsor (right across the border from Detroit) some guy approached me with some sob-story about how he didn't have enough money to cross the border, and he was begging people to try and get home. I dunno if it was legit but he seemed convincing, and knew how much he needed. Maybe it really was for a bottle of vodka, but I thought if he really was stranded across the border that would suck.

So I took all my change out of my pocket and sorted through it keeping anything that was a quarter, or above. And unloaded all the nickels, dimes, and pennies on the guy. Probably wasn't much but he was a little closer and I don't like carrying change around anyway.

Right after my (ex-)girlfriends mom was like "I can't believe you did that." and I was like 'what do you mean?' She replied, "Well, he could have been a psycho or something." Hahaha.

I assume everyone is a psycho until I get to know them. Life is terrifying lol.

Beautiful work, for real!

teeth whitening toothpaste make mine sensitive =\

I've noticed ever since I started using my mom's tooth paste (she used whitening stuff) my teeth have been unbearable. 

I found a sensitive all natural toothpaste I think I'm going to switch too. My body is really not good with excessive chemicals, so I think it might be worth the money. If I don't use all natural face washes, I get an awful rash and my skin starts peeling, almost like sunburn. 

I've heard to use a bamboo toothbrush as well but I can't find any that are a decent price AND have good reviews. 

I assume everyone is a psycho until I get to know them. Life is terrifying lol.

Well, I wouldn't go getting into cars with strangers, that just easily puts you into vulnerable position. I remember once the same (ex-)gf told me she and 1 female friend of hers got into a big white van with like 3 dudes, and there were cages on the windows and all the seats taken out of the back.  She didn't know the guys, well 'knew' one from myspace.  :wacko:  So the guy is like "Hop in.  Oh there's no seats in back cause we are in a band, and the cages on the windows are so we don't get broken into."  :huh: smh

As far as being approached on the street, I don't usually give money to panhandlers.  I remember once driving through the states we got a squeegee guy on our van.  He asked for change and my dad said 'No, but we have sandwiches, do you want a sandwich?' and the guy declined.  That's when you know the money is going towards drugs.

I remember one exception coming back from a show.  We saw Dillinger Escape Plan, BTBAM, Hella, and Horse the Band and were walking back to the bus.  Some girl approaches a group of 3 of us about how she was starving and needed like $1.50 for a hotdog.  She even pointed in the window of the place she intended to buy it from.  I was strapped for cash because I spent every last penny and actually borrowed a little bit of money (which I usually never do, but our buddy was staying at our place so I paid him as soon as we got back) in order to buy swag from the merchtable.  I basically shook the people I was with down and made them give her enough money to eat.  She was legit hungry, like hungry like most of us have never known.  She was super-grateful just to have a hot dog.  I won't even eat hot dogs.  Blech!

I almost always give money to talented buskers / street performers (musicians), though.  Just can't help it.

I rarely give money to pan handlers, mostly because I don't carry cash. One time when I was walking to grab food in California, a guy stopped me and asked if he could have some money. He was laid of and struggling to find a job, family of 5 kids to feed and unemployment wasn't helping. Before I could say anything, he pulled out an envelope with his old pay stubs, unemployment paperwork, and a picture of him with his kids to prove that he was being 110% honest. 

At the time, I was also broke and barely had money but I gave him the last few bucks in my wallet because I had so much respect for him.

I rarely give money to pan handlers, mostly because I don't carry cash. One time when I was walking to grab food in California, a guy stopped me and asked if he could have some money. He was laid of and struggling to find a job, family of 5 kids to feed and unemployment wasn't helping. Before I could say anything, he pulled out an envelope with his old pay stubs, unemployment paperwork, and a picture of him with his kids to prove that he was being 110% honest. 

At the time, I was also broke and barely had money but I gave him the last few bucks in my wallet because I had so much respect for him.

Yeah some people beg to support a drug habit and have no shame.  Then there are others who are legit in need and have to swallow their pride.  I empathize with that.  It would suck to be in there position, I don't like asking people for favors, or even accepting things that are offered, so if I believe a person I'm much more inclined to help them out.  If I think they are lying, or sketchy I don't.  I've probably been duped a time or two though.  Some people are better liars, or just have better approaches worked out.

First time I ever got drunk was in Montreal. My friends and I were stumbling back to our hotel and a panhandler came up and was "Do you have any change? I'm not gonna bullshit you, I need money for crack." My buddy goes "For your honesty I grant you all my loonies and toonies." and gave him like $10 in coins.

He really just wanted to say "loonies and toonies" because Canadian currency is adorable.

I still remember when they came out with the toonie, I thought the name was so dumb.  I guess they decided that was the best suggestion?  :huh:

They should update the design each year, so that the polar bear is progressively standing on a smaller and smaller patch of ice.  Until one year when they go extinct they can just have open water, no ice, no bear.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic