Any tips on how to clean a dirty needle / stylus?

I've done the magic eraser way a few times and it's worked great.

The last time my girlfriend was listening to some Tegan & Sara live record and it sounded like shit (insert they always sound like shit joke here.) I looked and my stylus had a ton of dirt on it. Magic erased it and it sounded fine after.

I watched a few Youtube videos first on how to do it so I didn't screw up.

• 1 month later...

Currently I have a number of things I use. I have the stylus brush from the cartridge that I use frequently. I also have the stylus cleaner square from the Bren1 clamp website. it works well and I have never had a problem. It is filled with black dots as well, AJXD. I just recently bought a pack of the Last stylus cleaner and stylus treatment. I like that a lot too. It was $50. But I wish I had just purchased the Onzow Zerodust:

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/zerodust-stylus-tip-cleaner.shtml

It's the best rated stylus cleaner by a lot of the top names in audiophile vinyl and I have seen recommendations from average joes on the web too. Yes, it's $70, but it last a life time, and how much would you pay to always have a clean stylus and greatly minimize damage your records? I'd pay $70 for that.