Widowspeak "Almanac" LP

Guest deathbydrums

unbelievable ...I finally emailed CT about my missing Widowspeak since its been 3 weeks...

the guy says it was lost by the post office and give me the tracking number. I went to check it and it was never even mailed in the first place!!!! They are terrible terrible terrible ughhh never ending with this shitty Label!!!!!!

If the original was mailed you would of saw something like: "At sort facility in NY" before it even leaves..this means they entered the tracking number, but never dropped it at the post office...

they emailed me back and said they sent another one! with a new tracking number, that one doesnt exist as of yet (the tracking info)

this is the SHIT SHOW that is Captured Tracks mail order

• 3 weeks later...

So finally got round listening to my copy. I ended up with one of the green ones and the pressing is fucked. On the edge of one area of the record it's thicker than the rest and bumps the drive arm up whenever it goes over it. It basically means I can't listen to the first minute and a half of the first track on either side of the record.

Any chance Captured Tracks would actually replace this or do anything if i'm in Australia?

If the original was mailed you would of saw something like: "At sort facility in NY" before it even leaves..this means they entered the tracking number, but never dropped it at the post office...

they emailed me back and said they sent another one! with a new tracking number, that one doesnt exist as of yet (the tracking info)

this is the SHIT SHOW that is Captured Tracks mail order

Well after 4/5 attempts at emailing them to no avail i actually found a rep for Widowspeak within CT and got a reply in about 2 minutes. She said that mine and 25 other records that went out we're returned by the PO and we're never re-sent. However, by the time id contacted them it was already on its way and arrived about a week later. I got a green record and by the sounds of it, luckily theres no problems with it whatsoever. Sounds alright to me. The whole package is rather pretty. But i dont think ill be ordering from CT again... they aint that great at mailorder, are they?

Well after 4/5 attempts at emailing them to no avail i actually found a rep for Widowspeak within CT and got a reply in about 2 minutes. She said that mine and 25 other records that went out we're returned by the PO and we're never re-sent. However, by the time id contacted them it was already on its way and arrived about a week later. I got a green record and by the sounds of it, luckily theres no problems with it whatsoever. Sounds alright to me. The whole package is rather pretty. But i dont think ill be ordering from CT again... they aint that great at mailorder, are they?

How annoying is that. They have such great artists and they really screwing them over by being so terrible at pressing and distribution.

How annoying is that. They have such great artists and they really screwing them over by being so terrible at pressing and distribution.

indeed. but it cant be that hard for them to rectify these matters. they just have to pull their fingers out.. it seems like they dont give a shit, which i find hard to believe.

yeah they need to shut it down for a few weeks and get their sh1t in order.  my last three orders from them have had terrible delays, mispressings and/or oversold cancellations

You wouldn't believe me if I told you that they just did that whole shutting down for a few weeks thing but they actually just did a couple months ago.

well seriously, its become a joke.  like the fact that i actually thought i would order the limited edition beach fossils the hour it went up, receive confirmation and ACTUALLY GET THE RECORD, shows how disconnected i am from reality.  Luckily, my record store got SIX COPIES.  Explain to me how it benefits the label to let amoeba and grimeys and the rest have >10% of the stock of something so limited that would sell out so quickly?  This on the heels of the Wild Nothing debacle.  Ill continue to order their limited runs because I love the artists, but its getting old.

I know! I would stop buying from them immediately but they have too many bands I love locked down!

Their deluxe editions are nice! And pretty reasonable! @ ~$25 a pop that's pretty good considering the hike we've seen for just standard editions... Ill give them that!

But the delays, mispressings, and shit-storm mailings doesn't off set the nice price and cool packaging!!!

I will give them this! I got my beach fossils a week before release! And ironically before I got my widowspeak! Which was order 2months prior!! Lol

The dilemma of being a CT fan!!!!

• 4 months later...