Doctor Who Discussion

I'm just about to the Matt Smith regeneration.

It's pretty cool spotting people from other shows/movies I like throughout the episodes (Andrew Garfield, The Governor, John Barrowman).

I'm probably in the minority not knowing Barrowman as Jack Harkness originally but I saw him first as Malcolm Merlyn on Arrow.

I'm just about to the Matt Smith regeneration.

It's pretty cool spotting people from other shows/movies I like throughout the episodes (Andrew Garfield, The Governor, John Barrowman).

I'm probably in the minority not knowing Barrowman as Jack Harkness originally but I saw him first as Malcolm Merlyn on Arrow.

What episode was Andrew Garfield in? I don't remember that. :o

What episode was Andrew Garfield in? I don't remember that. :o

see .gif above. the episode was Daleks In Manhattan.

I was wondering when this thread was going to pop back up.

What did everyone think about The Day Of The Doctor?

i was kinda underwhelmed by the special. the end of the last episode before it, made it seem like it was gonna be some time shattering shit. but hopefully the Christmas special will make up for it. the blood trail on the advertisements have a nice sense of doom to them.

• 3 weeks later...

What did everybody think of the Christmas special? I've been avoiding this thread (and all Doctor related sub-reddits, websites, news, etc) since the new actor's announcement, trying to keep twelve a secret from myself. I went 5 months without learning who the new actor is so I'd be totally surprised when it happened, and holy shit was I surprised.

What did everybody think of the Christmas special? I've been avoiding this thread (and all Doctor related sub-reddits, websites, news, etc) since the new actor's announcement, trying to keep twelve a secret from myself. I went 5 months without learning who the new actor is so I'd be totally surprised when it happened, and holy shit was I surprised.

*spoilers obviously*

i think it was good overall. some things didn't sit to well me me though. i wasn't too happy with how he died. i thought he was gonna get wrecked (like the blood and what not seemed to imply in some of the advertisements i'd seen for it). also, he was a lot more physically touchy-feely than i've ever seen before. it just seemed out of character.

i wish i hadn't had any updates on anything like you did. it would have made everything so much more shocking. like when 10 turned into 11 and i had no idea it was coming.

so am i to assume now that he gets a whole new 12 turns at regeneration, or was it that they only gave him one more? i must have missed when they mentioned it.

About to finish up season 6.

Matt Smith years are without question the best. Him and tennant both played the part really well. Tennant's seasons were mostly just a string of unrelated episodes up until the last 2 or 3, where there would be a big face off with daleks/cyber men/the master. Smith's story lines build throughout the entire season. Everything interrelated.

Plus, the production quality is just way better. Shot in HD with better looking effects.

I don't trust torrents for TV/movies, but I might have to. It feels like it's been forever since I watched some Dr Who.

use couchtuner.eu 

Edit: find the episode of what you want to watch and click the link next to "Watch it here" and it will take you to the actual stream. you can choose other streams right above it if the initial one doesn't work

pretty good at streaming everything i wanna watch + good quality. i couldn't wait for the new stuff to show up on Netflix, but now i have to wait til Sept of next year for anything new  :(

• 2 weeks later...

Amy is done (I think...wouldn't ever say a companion couldn't come back for a cameo). Starting to watch the episodes with Clara.

Throw out Donna and the companions get hotter with each one. Clara has some sweater cannons.

i like Clara, but Amy was my favorite. she's the right kind of ginger. in Donna's defense, she did have some honkers on her.

Anyone notice there are 3 (at least as I count) people from the series that are also in Game of Thrones?

DW is like cameo junction. i like that i can usually get passed the previous rolls of actors i recognize. 

Didn't think the 50th anniversary special was that good. The show never does a good job of enforcing consistency (which is ok in small doses) but letting them all cross each other's time streams with no consequences (other than memory loss) just seemed like too much cheating.

John Hurt was pretty cool. Didn't see much of a point to Tennant coming back. He only marginally contributed to the story.

About to start up the xmas special

If anyone starts watching the show later, know that Netflix doesn't have all the specials. Need to bump this list against it and watch the stragglers some other way:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Doctor_Who_serials#Specials_.282013.29

I actually have a couple episodes to go back and watch that I figured out I missed late. Figured that since I had already sailed past them, I'd just keep going and come back at the end.

I definitely feel the 50th was lacking a bit, but I still loved it. I believe there were several episodes of Classic Who where multiple Doctors ran into each other, so I don't think it's that big of a deal. The whole thing is meant to be a fan-tribute kind of special, which is why they brought Tennant in (which I was stoked for, Tennant is my favorite Doctor).

I cried when Matt Smith was in that tower speaking to the daleks before he transformed.

As much as I didnt like the 50th, I loved the Xmas special.

Wondering how the show changes with an older doctor? I know that there have been plenty in the past, just not while I've watched the show. Think it'll be cool, just not sure.

Apparently Capaldi is an amazing actor so I'm really excited for it. From what I understand, this new set of regenerations is intended as like a reset for the Doctor, so bringing in an older Doctor is a nod back to the very first Doctor (who actually was the same age when he started as Capaldi is now).