Converting DRM Protected m4p files to mp3

Just google what you need, I will admit even though digi downloads and download cards are available I will download album I like and then buy. I'm still waiting for the download police to show up to my house and be puzzled why someone actually buys what they download ;)

"Band Album .zip"

"band album blogspot"

don't think there's any programs that convert .m4p files. i remember trying to do that before and the only programs i could find literally played the song and rerecorded it. they worked horribly. if you can't get the songs by other means, burning a cd is the way to go. i could be wrong but doesn't itunes allow you to burn an mp3 cd and set the quality? i'd see if that works. though it might just put the m4p's on a cd.

I think I have a program on my Mac at home that is specifically for removing iTunes DRM from m4p files without transcoding. I can give you more details like what it's called and where to get it when I get home and take a look at it later tonight.

But I'm also pretty sure AlexH. is partially right. I know they did have a deal to upgrade everything from the old 128 m4p to DRM-free 256 m4a when they made the move to the new format years ago for a fee. I also think that when they released iCloud recently, though, that ALL previous iTunes purchases are now in your "Purchased" Library and you should be able to pull the DRM-free version down from the cloud. I'd try that instead of trying to strip the DRM because of the increase in quality.

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12283

I think I have a program on my Mac at home that is specifically for removing iTunes DRM from m4p files without transcoding. I can give you more details like what it's called and where to get it when I get home and take a look at it later tonight.

But I'm also pretty sure AlexH. is partially right. I know they did have a deal to upgrade everything from the old 128 m4p to DRM-free 256 m4a when they made the move to the new format years ago for a fee. I also think that when they released iCloud recently, though, that ALL previous iTunes purchases are now in your "Purchased" Library and you should be able to pull the DRM-free version down from the cloud. I'd try that instead of trying to strip the DRM because of the increase in quality.

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12283

Thanks, I am going to try this. I saw that with iTunes match I should be able to delete the files and redownload them. But I wonder, if I delete the files without iTunes match, and iTunes still considers them purchased, shouldn't I be able to redownload them for free after deleting them and they will just be in the .m4a format?

You'll need to log in to the Apple ID that purchased the m4p files to see if they show as purchased already. Then you should be able to download DRM-free copies and delete the old files. I just checked on my machine and the few songs I've purchased from iTunes over the years are showing up for me, so you may be in luck. If not, you could use iTunes match to permanently add everything in your library (limit 20,000) to your iTunes purchases essentially.

The program I was speaking of earlier is called Requiem. I've never actually used it, but I know that it requires being installed on a computer that is authorized to play the DRMed files.

https://tag3ulp55xczs3pn.onion.to/