Gentlemen of the Road Stopover Festival

Tamubro

I was wondering if any of you will be attending one of the Gentlemen of the Road Stopover towns this year. A lot of you don't strike me as Mumford & Sons fans, but there's a number of great bands on the bill. I'm heading to Oklahoma for the Guthrie show. Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Alabama Shakes and Bear's Den are just a few that I am excited to see. 

From what I understand, the bands basically "take over" a small town for 2 days with after parties and a festival during the day. We'll be camping out for the 2 days. 

Looks like each stop has already sold out in just over a day. They sold around 25,000 tickets at each venue for $109 a piece. That's quite a bit of change to make in a 3 day span, lol. 

Guess it doesn't hurt that they won "Album of the Year" last night at the Grammy's too. 

Here's a little info. if anyone's interested. 

http://www.gentlemenoftheroad.com/home/

I was lucky enough to see Old Crow with Edward Sharpe and Mumford when they had their Railroad Revival Tour come through Austin a few years back. Old Crow put on an amazing show. Sucks they won't be at the Guthrie show.

I also heard that the Simcoe show sold out super fast. I wouldn't go paying Ebay prices just yet. I'm sure closer to the event people are going to be selling their tickets for face. Join the Mumford & Sons forum. Good people on there. I'm sure you can find some tickets.

None coming near my this time around. But I'm impressed with the design, effort and overall level of consideration they seem to be putting in. Quality. This makes me a bigger fan. 

Agreed. People can say what they want about Mumford, but they do a lot of unique and cool shit like this. Other bands with similar levels of popularity should take note.