the used 'lies for the liars' - colors

Guest mistermuffin

I had all four colors that I picked up at a surprise show they did in a Walmart a couple years back. I sold them all off to a guy who makes bowls out of records. What a shame they really looked cool though. Didn't know they were that rare. Wish I had pictures. Ill see if I can contact him

I had all four colors that I picked up at a surprise show they did in a Walmart a couple years back. I sold them all off to a guy who makes bowls out of records. What a shame they really looked cool though. Didn't know they were that rare. Wish I had pictures. Ill see if I can contact him

... My heart just broke a little bit

sometime in the last year, a member by the name of theusedguy joined the board. and getting this question answered was literally the only thing he cared about. it's almost impossible to convey how infuriating this person was.. but he just straight up ignored ANY answers or advice given to him, and just kept going on about wanting it on pink. to the point where threads would get locked, and then he would just create the exact same thread again.

it was magical.

sometime in the last year, a member by the name of theusedguy joined the board. and getting this question answered was literally the only thing he cared about. it's almost impossible to convey how infuriating this person was.. but he just straight up ignored ANY answers or advice given to him, and just kept going on about wanting it on pink. to the point where threads would get locked, and then he would just create the exact same thread again.

it was magical.

haha that's fantastic. I like that guy. 

i was also one of the guiltiest parties involved... if he was in fact a troll, then i fed him like every day was thanksgiving.

but at the same time, he only had like 13 records, and 11 of them were the used.

the absolute funniest was one day when he started a thread asking where he could get 1) poly sleeves with a flap over the top and 2) a crate that had the exact dimensions to fit said 13 records.

no, because it was a shitty screamo band that happened to not be entirely shitty for one album. this is not the one album.

Screamo isn't a genre btw, it's to vague to be considered a real genre, it's just a way to categorize music at record shops. Also Bert (lead singer of the used) barely ever screams.

Screamo isn't a genre btw, it's to vague to be considered a real genre, it's just a way to categorize music at record shops. Also Bert (lead singer of the used) barely ever screams.

lol ok

Fucking like quota

Contemporary screamo (2000s–present)

magnify-clip.pngAlexisonfire performing live in 2007

By 1995, the genre name "screamo" drifted into the music press, especially in the journalism of Jim DeRogatis and Andy Greenwald,[7]and by the mid-2000s, the over-saturation of the screamo scene had caused many bands to purposefully expand past the genre's trademarks and incorporate more experimental elements.[2] Some bands that were active in the early 2000s, such as Thursday,Alexisonfire, Silverstein, Poison the Well, and The Used made screamo much more popular.[2][20] Thursday cited the post-punk band Joy Division, and the post-hardcore band Fugazi as important influences, but also took cues from the alternative rock of Radiohead, U2, andThe Cure.[21][22] Many of these bands took influence from the likes of Refused, At the Drive-In,[2] and Keepsake. In contrast to the DIY first-wave screamo groups, Thursday and The Used have signed multi-album contracts with labels such as Island Def Jam and Reprise Records.[23]

Hawthorne Heights, Story of the Year, Underoath, and Alexisonfire, four bands frequently featured on MTV, have been noted for their popularization of contemporary screamo,[2] although all have since made stylistic changes.[24][25] Other active American screamo acts include Comadre,[26]Off Minor, A Mola Mola,[27]Men As Trees,[28]Senses Fail,[29][30] and Vendetta Red.[2] The contemporary screamo scene is also particularly active in Europe, with bands such as Funeral For a Friend,[31] Amanda Woodward,[32] Louise Cyphre,[33] Le Pré Où Je Suis Mort,[34]La Quiete, and Raein all being prime examples of their scene.

see pink font, taken from the wiki ki yay

Screamo is a genre, and The Used don't fall under that.

Falling in Reverse is a shitty ass pop punk band that is known as screamo

http://youtu.be/xA9q7E6Z8vE

Of Mice and Men is a amazing band that has both a screamer and a clean vocalist, it is not considered screamo

http://youtu.be/ai0htHlsqZo

If a pop punk band is considered screamo but not a band with a literal SCREAMER then I can not consider it as a genre. Also as a genre it is listed as a subcategory of emo (talking about the style of music), so I looked at a list of "screamo" bands and at least 10% of them were not emo bands. I can not say that it is a genre if anything that uses slightly "unclean" vocals can be called screamo, and things that use a lot of them aren't called screamo. Also my friend showed me a rap song that had about 8 seconds of screaming in it, but by what supposedly are requirements of the genre they would be called a screamo artist, so those 8 seconds of one of their 50 songs according to the requirements they became a "screamo" artist... it could be a genre one day, but for now requirements are WAY too vague to be known as a genre. In Paramore's song "My Heart" there is a tiny bit of screaming in the background, are they screamo? The Used's song Sound Effects and Overdramatics has a lot of screaming in it so why wouldn't they be screamo? You have no idea because guess what, no one does! http://youtu.be/CsbnueiPYk0