Buying A Phono Preamp Necessary?

The amount we have in common is insane. The next amplification I'm looking to get is the Parasound Halo P3 and A23. How do you like yours? And I'm really seriously looking at VPI.

I cheated on speakers though, I have a pair of B&W CM5s.

I'd re-think the P3... the model is old, now discontinued, and generally... badly reviewed. I went with 2100 and 2125. New model preamp, greatly, professionally reviewed. But, my first idea was A23/P3. Then after about 3 months, I just pulled the trigger on the New Classic combo. And funny, I at one point was looking at the CM5s. But... now leaning towards the Ascend Sierras.

I'd re-think the P3... the model is old, now discontinued, and generally... badly reviewed. I went with 2100 and 2125. New model preamp, greatly, professionally reviewed. But, my first idea was A23/P3. Then after about 3 months, I just pulled the trigger on the New Classic combo. And funny, I at one point was looking at the CM5s. But... now leaning towards the Ascend Sierras.

Really, from what I've read it seems like the P3 is pretty well liked for its price. Plus my local stereo store still has it in stock, and that's where I would be buying it from. He'd probably give me a pretty good deal on it too since it's discontinued.

I haven't looked at the New Classic line yet, I've only experienced the Halo line. Do you know if they ever replaced the P3 with something similar in price? Thee P7 is $2000 and the JC2 is about the same I think.

If you're still looking for speakers, Golden Ear is supposed to be out of this world. They have both towers and bookshelfs.

Or you could really support America and buy a pair of Wilson Alexandrias.

• 1 month later...