Purchasing A Diamond?

The Four C's frighten me a little bit. like irrationally. i'm all i JUST WANT A FUCKING NICE DIAMOND YOU BLOOD SUUCCCCKERS.

But yes, Tattoo rings are getting done as well, in addition to the other matching tattoos we have. 

My girl is very not into a huge diamond. but she would like a nice one, i know she is into a princess cut style diamond. plus you know, I just want to give her a nice ring, Its a little important to me you know? as i'm sort of old school about this shit. 

Also, Mike D, she wants to wear the Doom Vest in our engagement pictures.

We were in LA when i proposed, i had it all planned, had asked her dad, got a cheap ring and found a spot my friend recommended but on our way there at the end of the day we got stuck in traffic so bad that we had to turn round and go back to the hotel. It was the worst, i'd been shitting myself all day, constantly checking i had the ring etc. Anyway, we had dinner and went to sleep and when we woke up the next day i started shitting it again, just before we were about to leave the room i just thought "fuck it, i'm not spending the whole day being as nervous as i was yesterday" and just did it. She swore at me, then said yes and we're getting married in sept.

If the "Wow" factor is necessary then I failed. I refused to buy a diamond since I could get proof of provenance at that time. I bought a platinum ring designed and engraved by a local Brooklyn Artist who could prove her metals were Fair Trade. I spent $1200. We were economical in all ways and we owned a house a couple years after marriage.

I flew to Florida where she met me at the airport. We got the Parking Garage, I was scared shitless, and I just turned to her and said:

I don't see a reason to wait one second longer to be together, will you marry me? 

She claims it was romantic as all hell but I will always get shit from friends for being the guy who proposed in an airport parking garage. I guess it suits me in a lot of ways.

Good Luck man. I remember the angst of doing this right. Well, thinking about doing it right. Enjoy it, this should create some great memories for you forever. 

Dude, you win! Had me at fair trade and less than $2,000.

I'm currently helping out my sister's boyfriend pick out an engangement ring for her. Good thing I know all of her specifications. Diamonds are pretty lame to my sister and I and she actually wants the stone to be morganite (light peachy pink stone).

Honestly, you should probably get the help of her mom, family member, or best friend. They know best! But definitely stay away from chain stores. Maybe even look into antique and estate jewelry. Custom made rings are nice and aren't too expensive if you pick the right materials.