well known and some songs that are super weird moments in the studio,
less well-known. A broad archipelago.

This version has been remastered by John Golden and all polished and
made sturdy. It includes a new fold out explanatory poster sheet
thing, a download card, heavy old-style gatefold jackets, and a foil
stamped obi strip. It feels good in the hand. You are invited to
purchase one or more."

196421013b3b6de80bffc1fd1557cf1e.png

Phil's label puts out some of the nicest packaging I've encountered, not to mention these songs are great. Buy this now.

The Glow Pt. 2 is one of my all time favorites too. Not sure why I've never had any Microphones on vinyl when I own a few Mount Eerie records. This will definitely be rectified with these reissues.   

Edit: Actually, I do know why. I started listening to them well before I owned a record player and collected vinyl. 

stoked on Song Islands especially since it's got that amazing acoustic version of,The Moon on it, though it also makes me want to track down the u7". i'm super excited for Tests.

is the current Glow 3LP with picking up or should I wait out for the reissue?

That 7" was not easy to track down. I was kind of obligated to get it though since half my sleeve is an improved version of the artwork on it haha.

The 3xLP is great but the pwelverum reissue will undoubtably be better quality. It all comes down to how much you care about the third disc since it won't be a part of the new one.

stoked on Song Islands especially since it's got that amazing acoustic version of,The Moon on it, though it also makes me want to track down the u7". i'm super excited for Tests.

is the current Glow 3LP with picking up or should I wait out for the reissue?

Tests isn't being pressed, is it? I don't think any of the early tape stuff or other misc. collections (blood, window, bird...) are being pressed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ordered mine like ten days ago and it's still not here. I'm on the West Coast, too. Hrrrmph. I'm sure it's worth the wait, though.

Phil does all of it himself and doesn't send tracking info. It'll probably be there sooner than later, I usually get my stuff all the way over here in Florida in 2 weeks or less.

It is worth the wait, the record and packaging quality are pretty fantastic. The PW foil stamp on my obi strip is upside down though but it's no biggie haha.

Next record in the series is up too.

"This first official album by the Microphones was originally released in 1999 by K and has been out of print on vinyl for many years. Now finally it’s available again in this very satisfying heavy form. It’s the 2nd release in our ongoing Microphones reissue series."

ELV028display_zpsd73f8b86.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was looking to order this from Insound and stumbled across a pre-order page for a Mount Eerie LP called Live in Bloomington, September 30th, 2011: http://www.insound.com/Live-in-Bloomington-September-30th-2011-Vinyl-LP-Mount-Eerie/P/INS119109/

You can use the code MountEerie10 to get 10% off!

Thanks!