Bled Fest 2013 5/25/13

This will be the farthest that I've traveled for a show so I'm pretty excited for it!  I'm not sure yet exactly what the plan is.  How far is Howell from Detroit?

I would definitely be down for boozing in the parking lot!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=detroit+to+howell%2C+michigan

This will be the farthest that I've traveled for a show so I'm pretty excited for it! I'm not sure yet exactly what the plan is. How far is Howell from Detroit?

I would definitely be down for boozing in the parking lot!

About an hour if traffic on 96 isn't too bad. Though if you're flying into the airport it's probably more like an hour and a half with traffic.

Koji is the only one I'd really like to see.  Anti Flag would be a nostalgia thing too.

Koji is the only one I'd really like to miss. This might work, but Tiger's Jaw live was an extreme letdown, and all the other bands play Chicago often enough, so I still hang on this here fence about it.

If I do go I expect everyone from here to be drinking booze with me in the parking lot. When I went to Chicago and no one wanted to hang with me I was sad, dammit

Woops. If only I had more of a presence on this board...We probably passed each other drunk on the street somewhere.

Koji is the only one I'd really like to miss. This might work, but Tiger's Jaw live was an extreme letdown, and all the other bands play Chicago often enough, so I still hang on this here fence about it.

Woops. If only I had more of a presence on this board...We probably passed each other drunk on the street somewhere.

we went to cal's and had the best fucking time. the bartender found me on facebook the next day. sad that place had to close.

• 2 months later...

You should have said something sooner and I would have come over, although I probably passed by you a couple times throughout the day.  

Bled Fest was great though, totally worth the drive all the way out there.  My only complaint about the festival was that on one of the stages it was just in a classroom so they played on the floor which meant that if you got quite a few people in there that you couldn't see the band at all and that people would be standing out in the hall way because it was too small to hold all of the people.  Because of that Empire! Empire! and Pity Sex were kind of disappointing, but they still sounded really good.  The only disappointing band that I saw was Diamond Youth, which was a bummer.  They sounded good, but it was just not very interesting to watch.  During Daylight's set a guy surfed up and landed in front of Taylor and hit his mic and he kicked him in the stomach.  It was pretty crazy.  Probably the most impressive set was The World Is... just because I didn't really know what to expect and it blew me away.  I was also surprised at how wild people went for State Champs, they're probably going to blow up soon.  I ended up seeing Adventures, Kittyhawk, Turnover, Allison Weiss, State Champs, Diamond Youth, Masked Intruder, Sainthood Reps, The World Is..., Daylight, Empire! Empire!, Dads, Code Orange Kids, Joie De Vivre, Modern Baseball, Cheap Girls, Tigers Jaw, CityCop, Cerce, Slingshot Dakota, Pity Sex.  Then we went to an after show where I Kill Giants, Old Gray, and Cerce played.  It was pretty rad.  A great day of great music.

Top 5

1. Tigers Jaw

2. Modern Baseball

3. Daylight

4. Dads

5. The World Is...

Honorable Mention: Slingshot Dakota

Glad it was worth the drive! Bled Fest is consistently my favorite day of the year, been going since the skateland days with Black Dahlia Murder and Animosity. Though, it seems I watch less bands every year lol. I had a nice day meeting and talking to people though!

My favorite set is a tie between Code Orange Kids and IIOI. Sainthood Reps were great as always but it seemed like they played for five minutes.

Also, the classroom stages are the best! I try to hit up as many performances in the classrooms as I can. I've seen so many sweet bands that have gone on to blow-up in those classrooms.