NCAA March Madness 2013 (Official Thread)

i really hope they can steal a win or two in the sec tournament and make it into the big dance.  big anthony grant fan.

this belmont/murray st. game is nuts.  game of runs.  murray started the game on a big run then belmont ended the half on a 9-0 run.  then murray state started the half with a 10-0 run and since then belmont has been on a 12-0 run.  crazy.

what a game.  belmont wins 70-68, another ticket punched today.

tomorrow 2 more auto bids.

big south, liberty vs. charleston southern (really could care less, would be nice to have another va school in) and in the mvc, creighton vs. wichita state (rooting hard for wichita state.  go shockers)

what a game.  belmont wins 70-68, another ticket punched today.

tomorrow 2 more auto bids.

big south, liberty vs. charleston southern (really could care less, would be nice to have another va school in) and in the mvc, creighton vs. wichita state (rooting hard for wichita state.  go shockers)

both creighton and wichita state should be in regardless.  

bubble watch is going to be great this year.

both creighton and wichita state should be in regardless.  

bubble watch is going to be great this year.

yeah, with both teams making it to the finals, i would say they are both safe regardless. having watched vcu play wichita state 5 times in the last 6 years (bracketbusters, return games, and the ncaa tournament) i have really grown to respect that team and program and it would help vcus OOC SOS and what not

bama buzzer beater steals said cake and eats it too

bama tie game, would have gone into overtime had that not gone in... plus at home against a horrible team.   no biggie for bama.

or 

valpo would have lost had that not gone in...and could have wrecked their shot at an at large bid.

as far as shot, of course the distance wins.  but in terms of overall outcome... valpo in that respect.

man, vcu is getting a good ol fashion butt kicking today. i think vcu only forced 11 TO.  temple just came out firing on all cylinders in the 2nd half.  

i'm glad temple really helped their tourney chances, however; i wish it wasn't at VCU's expense.  would of loved to go into the a10 tournament ranked.

still a 2nd seed for the conference tournament. 

4 conference tournament finals today/tonight

CAA - JMU vs. Northeastern (Rooting for NE. Only team in the CAA that deserves in by a long shot, might go to this game tonight)

MAAC - Manhattan vs. Iona (Could care less)

Southern - Charleston vs. Davidson (Rooting for Davidison. Still have a soft spot for that davidson team)

Sun Belt - WKU vs. Florida International (Rooting for WKU. Out of Conference opponent this season for VCU)

WCC - Gonzaga vs St. Marys (really want Gonzaga to secure the number 1 seed, so go gonzaga--st. marys is safe)

AP Top 25

RK TEAM RECORD PTS

1 Gonzaga (54) 30-2 1,611

2 Duke (11) 27-4 1,559

3 Indiana 26-5 1,491

4 Louisville 26-5 1,421

5 Georgetown 24-5 1,344

6 Michigan 25-6 1,230

7 Kansas 26-5 1,224

8 Michigan State 24-7 1,184

9 Miami (FL) 24-6 1,082

10 Ohio State 23-7 1,073

11 Kansas State 25-6 932

12 Marquette 23-7 921

13 Florida 24-6 838

14 Oklahoma State 23-7 805

15 New Mexico 26-5 771

16 Saint Louis 24-6 557

17 Pittsburgh 24-7 551

18 Arizona 24-6 523

19 Syracuse 23-8 362

20 Memphis 27-4 316

21 UCLA 23-8 245

22 Wisconsin 21-10 191

23 Creighton 27-7 190

24 Notre Dame 23-8 171

25 Virginia Commonwealth 24-7 157

• Others receiving votes: Saint Mary's 117, Butler 105, North Carolina 49, Colorado State 48, Temple 20, Belmont 13, UNLV 7, Wichita State 6, Kentucky 5, Oregon 4, Valparaiso 1, Villanova 1

Couldn't be happier to finish the season in the top 25 after yesterdays loss and even nicer to see two a-10 teams in the top 25 and 2 others receiving votes.

Go Rams.

They got the winner of St. Joes and Xavier who play thursday.