NCAA March Madness 2013 (Official Thread)

still not happy about the match up against akron.  vcu has played them 3 times (stupid bracketbusters) in the past 5 years.  granted this is only the 2nd time under a shaka smart team (with the two teams meeting last year), I'm just not liking the match up.  Shaka Smarts mentor is Akrons head coach and knows a hell of a lot about Shakas havoc style defense.  The edge VCU has in tournament games is that there is not a lot of time to prepare for such a high tempo, in your face defense, but that edge is muted with this draw.  Luckily their point guard is out, so VCU will have the edge with their young guard play.  also, the winner goes on to play michigan IN michigan, come on committee. 

had VCU played better, they could have had a home pod. COME ON HOMER!!

just kidding.

they'll be fine... i don't see the success with VCU this year in the tourney compared to before, but you never know.

its their fault. if they beat st. louis the yesterday, they would most likely be playing in philly. i was surprised to see the 5 seed go up, i was expecting a 6, even possibly a 7. i see them making the sweet 16, then not having a welcomed rematch against kansas to end it.

can't wait for thursday, i love being a substitute teacher in march, don't miss a minute of action.

I think Middle Tennessee and St. Mary's should be a good game tonight. Both teams with great records, but no quality wins. 

Daily reminder to join the pool.

the committee has a very funny sense of humor.  the winner of this game will go on to play memphis, another team with a great record and no quality wins.  whoever wins between middle tennessee and st. marys will have more wins against teams in the field of 68 (one) than memphis does all season (zero)

edit: just looked, they would be tied at 1, memphis beat harvard lol

the committee has a very funny sense of humor.  the winner of this game will go on to play memphis, another team with a great record and no quality wins.  whoever wins between middle tennessee and st. marys will have more wins against teams in the field of 68 (one) than memphis does all season (zero)

edit: just looked, they would be tied at 1, memphis beat harvard lol

I have St. Mary's winning the play-in and then beating Memphis.

Didn't a play-in team win their first (2nd) round game last year. I thought it was Belmont, but just looked it up and it was USF.

I have St. Mary's winning the play-in and then beating Memphis.

Didn't a play-in team win their first (2nd) round game last year. I thought it was Belmont, but just looked it up and it was USF.

yeah, st. marys has beat some tough people, i can definitely see memphis dropping that game....or even to middle tennessee if they beat st. marys.

yeah, in the two years the first four has been introduced, they have had a team advance both years.  vcu went first four to final four and usf went first four to round of 32.    i wouldn't doubt it happening again and would rule out, although doubtful la salle/boise state stealing one from ksu.  (that one is much more doubtful)

yeah, st. marys has beat some tough people, i can definitely see memphis dropping that game....or even to middle tennessee if they beat st. marys.

yeah, in the two years the first four has been introduced, they have had a team advance both years.  vcu went first four to final four and usf went first four to round of 32.    i wouldn't doubt it happening again and would rule out, although doubtful la salle/boise state stealing one from ksu.  (that one is much more doubtful)

I really dislike kansas state (douche weber) and would like to see la salle take them down, but I don't like that matchup as much as st. mary's.