When You Meet Someone Cool and Miss Out...

I'm currently in a High Fidelity moment where I have a good thing but I always want to peruse greener pastures because relationships are hard. Things are hard, will they ever get better, I ask? We're not married but we have a child so I would like to make the best choice for his sake.

"Should I bolt every time I get that feeling in my gut when I meet someone new? Well, I've been listening to my gut since I was 14 years old, and frankly speaking, I've come to the conclusion that my guts have shit for brains."

By the way, grill salmon on a piece of foil with olive oil, butter, lemon zest, and capers. Dope. I marinaded the albacore in a mix of lemon juice, soy sauce, and capers. It was the first time I've ever done that and I will now probably do it again. I cooked the fish a little too long because of the girl but it is meant to be seared on the outside and a little bit rare in the center. The flavor was awesome.

stop making me hungry i'm mad i missed out on salmon

you missed out on nothing you talked to a nice girl and got salmon you win

andrewlucas, on 18 Mar 2013 - 03:20, said:

So I had my friend over and we were barbecuing some albacore steaks at the BBQ in my apartment complex. My friend went inside but I stayed out to cook. There was this girl there cooking too. I sat at the table by the jacuzzi and she asked to sit with me. We ended up talking for like 30 minutes, she even shared her salmon with me. She told me how she just moved here from New Jersey and lived with a girl room mate. We ended up going our separate ways. My friend convinced me I was stupid for not asking for a number. I didn't because I'm engaged. I do hate all the missed opportunities I've had though... It's bugging me thinking like what if? Has anyone ever been in that same spot where you think dammit! later?

andrewlucas, on 18 Mar 2013 - 13:54, said:

By the way, grill salmon on a piece of foil with olive oil, butter, lemon zest, and capers. Dope. I marinaded the albacore in a mix of lemon juice, soy sauce, and capers. It was the first time I've ever done that and I will now probably do it again. I cooked the fish a little too long because of the girl but it is meant to be seared on the outside and a little bit rare in the center. The flavor was awesome.

out of boredom, i re-read the op. let me get this straight, you and your buddy were cooking steaks, girl introduces herself, you marinate her salmon, you cooked her salmon, and she didn't give you her number or mention future hangs. putting your mind at ease, i don't think she was into you and just wanted someone to cook her meal