PO: KAYO DOT - HUBARDO [200g 3xLP] DELUXE / / STANDARD / / DIGITAL & SHIRT

This sucks so hard. Get a fuckin distro who handles this. I'm still waiting on my copy. I ordered when it was 'in stock' in november. 5 months for a non-prordered item is just toooooooooooooo much.

I do understand that it takes a while since he is handling this alone and all, but the lack of information is just pissing me off. Definitly my last order from them. I hope that they find a label and/or a distro for their next release!

I was just thinking about this. Still don't have mine either. What a joke.

Calm down. I ordered March 2013 and got mine Jan 2014. Plus Toby posted a pic today of a stack of them that are going out. Seems like they are closing in on having every copy shipped out soon. He's been on tour the past little while, just got back and sending people's stuff out already. Be patient, it will come. Both of yours are probably in that stack. Pre-orders took priority. You ordered 8 months after other people, think about that. I was one of the first to pre-order, got mine in 10 months, you'll get your in 4.

Guest Justin Maheiny

Ya. Calm down. 10 months seems like a totally reasonable amount of time to wait for a record to arrive. I mean sure you could have walked across the country and then walked home with it in this amount of time, but that's totally besides the point.

Ya. Calm down. 10 months seems like a totally reasonable amount of time to wait for a record to arrive. I mean sure you could have walked across the country and then walked home with it in this amount of time, but that's totally besides the point.

The album hasn't even been in press that long. They took pre-orders before even recording the album. It's basically a kickstarter, only not through kickstarter because Toby already had an outstanding kickstarter for the Ichneumonidae project, which is still in production. And billing for that was well before Hubardo. And those people aren't complaining. So maybe know what you're talking about before entering a thread and proceeding to use your keyboard.

I backed the Tartar Lamb 2 kickstarter and I think it took over a year for production/manufacturing/assembly/shipping. So about a year from payment til arrival. Everyone got their stuff. Same with Hubardo, everyone will get their stuff. 10 months isn't bad turn around for a kickstarter. This was not a standard pre-order. And my entire point, the one that flew over your head is that 4 months isn't bad compared to 10, and if you wanted it sooner, you should have pre-ordered sooner because those orders took priority. Because thanks to those people the album got made. You had from March til Nov to pre-order and you took your time, you're last in queue because you waited. Don't complain. Yours' are probably in that stack that are going out. The guy has been on tour. Musicians tour to earn a living.

Toby always comes through on mail order, you'll get your stuff. I shouldn't be surprised at another post on VC complaining about pre-order time. Did you even buy a copy of this, or did you just wander into the thread to share your uninformed opinion? If so, go ahead and walk across the country, that's so much more reasonable. I'd like to see you try, you'd probably die before crossing the 1st state border. And some of the people wondering about theirs are in Europe. I guess you propose they swim across the ocean to get theirs? Maybe we all should have just started walking after placing our orders and shown up asking 'where's mine?' before it was even finished being recorded. Or we could have just jumped in our time machines, and set them to the future, that seems plausible.

Guest Justin Maheiny

The album hasn't even been in press that long. They took pre-orders before even recording the album. It's basically a kickstarter, only not through kickstarter because Toby already had an outstanding kickstarter for the Ichneumonidae project, which is still in production. And billing for that was well before Hubardo. And those people aren't complaining. So maybe know what you're talking about before entering a thread and proceeding to use your keyboard. I backed the Tartar Lamb 2 kickstarter and I think it took over a year for production/manufacturing/assembly/shipping. So about a year from payment til arrival. Everyone got their stuff. Same with Hubardo, everyone will get their stuff. 10 months isn't bad turn around for a kickstarter. This was not a standard pre-order. And my entire point, the one that flew over your head is that 4 months isn't bad compared to 10, and if you wanted it sooner, you should have pre-ordered sooner because those orders took priority. Because thanks to those people the album got made. You had from March til Nov to pre-order and you took your time. Don't complain. Toby always comes through on mail order, you'll get your stuff. I shouldn't be surprised at another post on VC complaining about pre-order time. Did you even buy a copy of this, or did you just wander into the thread to share your uninformed opinion? If so, go ahead and walk across the country, that's so much more reasonable. I'd like to see you try, you'd probably die before crossing the 1st state border. And some of the people wondering about theirs are in Europe. I guess you propose they swim across the ocean to get theirs? Maybe we all should have just started walking after placing our orders and shown up asking 'where's mine?' before it was even finished being recorded. Or we could have just jumped in our time machines, and set them to the future, that seems plausible.

tl;dr

I can only assume by this wall of text that you're mad yours hasn't arrived yet either?

I ordered 3 copies and I have all 3 in my possession. (Remember the post you initially replied to? Yeah it says so right there, I got mine in Jan.) If you had any reading comprehension skills you'd understand that. I edited into paragraphs for clarity before you hastily responded. It doesn't surprise me that someone who lacks critical thinking skills and has an inflated sense of self entitlement would be unable/unwilling to read a simple paragraph. Good luck on your quest to troll.

'Oh look at me, I lurk the front page and wander into threads, posting without knowing or reading anything just to be a dick, har har. My opinion is uninformed and therefore, sucks. But I won't read anything that might alter my opinion because that would burst my inflated ego.'

Trolls, man. Not even worth the time to read and respond. If you won't bother to take the time, why should anyone else give you that courtesy? They shouldn't but not everyone is a low-down internet troll.

Wow just glanced your profile, you signed up 6 months ago and already managed to rack up over -200 karma point. Yep. Total troll. Let's ignore this fool and move on.

andi and everyone else waiting, it's possible your records haven't shipped yet, but I believe they are on the cusp on having them all out the door. Please be patient, I know it sucks when you don't get a response to your email, but it will come in due time. Toby has always come through on everything I've ever mail-ordered and I've ordered lots.

Guest Justin Maheiny

I only posted because you came off like a self-righteous asshole telling people that ordered a record 6-10 months ago that has yet to arrive to calm down. Then pretend to have some sort of inside knowledge on when their records will be shipped to only later admit you have no idea. Just because you started the thread, doesn't mean you have to defend it till death. It's OK if people complain that they haven't received their record yet. You don't have to use some sort of made up fairy tell relationship with the guy as a reason to defend it taking him this long to get the records out.

My records arrived in Jan, I've said so numerous times now, learn to read.

They ordered ~4 months ago. Not 6, not 10, again: learn to read and maybe the things you come up with in your head will make more sense as they pertain to objective reality.

The troll wants proof, here's the source:

https://www.facebook.com/kayodot.official

Last post. 7 hours ago as of this time.

Didn't realize there was anything 'insider' about following a bands fb page. It's common knowledge among fans that Toby does pretty much everything involved in the band himself. Including running the facebook page and mailorder. (With other members of the band helping with mailorder specifically for the Hubardo vinyl.) It's DIT/DIY. Also it's not like them being on tour was some tightly kept secret either. I never claimed to have insider info and I never went back on it. I was talking about this post, check it out yourself. And what I was saying was that, I didn't know if their exact copies were in this pile. As in andi and anyone else wondering. These copies are people who ordered after the release. That's what I do know. For all I know, they could already be in the mail, although probably not since they were on tour. So it's probably in this batch, or the next batch. There have been a few batches like this and out of 500 copies, by my estimate due to the time frame of when people ordered and when they arrived they are closing in on having every copy shipped. Capisce?

Don't feel like clicking the facebook link, here's the pic:
hubardo_mailorder_zps2c5e52da.jpg

Post read: 'Even more hubardoes on their way out' 7 hours ago.

Sharing information, yes, gladly.

By the way, enjoy trolling while you can, cause you're cruising for a ban.

Haha what do you mean? Was I being too harsh? Just trying to explain the situation clearly, but it's kind of futile when trolls don't read. I feel like I should quit bumping. It'll prob just attract attention from the from page and get randoms wandering in.

MOVING ON:

HEEEEEYYYYY, on the subject of things pertaining to this record... not sure if anyone is interested but Hubardo is going to be released for the 1st time on CD in April. Daymare out of Japan are putting out a 2xCD version and it seems like it's going to be the only CD version.

Not into CDs? That's cool... the digital download is higher quality anyway. CD is 44.1k 16-bit and the FLAC version you can get at http://kayodot.bandcamp.com is a staggering 96k, 24-bit the difference is definitely noticable. I highly recommend grabbing the FLAC if you are going digital, the audio is crystal clear.

1st: Thanks for the pic! Made my day.

2nd: What I meant is: I ordered the record when it was pressed. So I thought it would be in my hands in a reasonable amount of time. I did know that he was on tour with KD (and other bands too). I also know that he's handling the most of this on it's own, wich is a hell of a job. But (and that's kind of selfish, I know) I just want that damn record! It's not that I'm banning KD out of my life because of this, I'm just kinda frustrated.

Summary: When it arrives I'm the happiest guy on earth and I'm looking forward to this day. This album is THE release of 2013. Album of the year, for me. So good! And I want to play the shit out of it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

All *pre-order* vinyl copies were shipped as of May 20th. Hang in there, they are a band, not a distro. Pretty sure the writing of their next album is already completed, or was completed a while ago. Not 100% sure, nothing set in stone, but I know it's definitely somewhere around that stage of completion, and it will be released of Flenser Records. It makes sense for a band to focus on creating new music, this is why we're lucky enough to get one or two releases from Toby Driver each year, on average. Considering the complexity of the music, that's hella prolific. Hang in there, the Ichneumonidae rewards have been outstanding for way longer and I'm not complaining. ;) btw I just recently got my The Pod OST cassette which was also shipped May 20th so it's pretty obvious that they catch up on mailorder in batches, whenever possible.

Anyway, just wanted to drop in here to say that I've got an extra copy of The Sword of Satan that I'm willing to part with. In case anyone missed out on getting a deluxe edition. Shoot a PM if you want. Thanks. :)

• 4 months later...

And.. 11 months and waiting for this. Must say it's a big dissappointment, coming from this band.

Could have more to do with the postal service, and not the band.  You could try contacting them at: [email protected] and ask them about it, instead of voicing your complaints here.

Could have more to do with the postal service, and not the band.  You could try contacting them at: [email protected] and ask them about it, instead of voicing your complaints here.

I'm not here to complain actually. I haven't got a response from Toby since like February and I thought somebody around here might be in a similar situation.