Jimi Hendrix - People, Hell And Angels

Wow. Got People, Hell and Angels last week. What a wonderful package. 200g 2xLP with anti-static sleeves and really cool metallic ink artwork all throughout the gatefold jacket. Thick paper stock 8 page liner notes. Oh yeah and it sounds pretty damn good too. Very impressed by the attention to detail used for this release. Lots of quality put into it.

Doubt Ill get much reaction on here but if you're into Hendrix, this is a must own!

Yeah, a lot of these Legacy Hendrix reissues are cut from analogue, pressed by Quality, and sound fantastic, e.g. the Live at Berkeley record. How they can sell these for less than $25 is beyond me. Avoid the recent mono AYE, though.

Agreed and almost bought the mono AYE. I think I made a good choice on passing it up.

What's the issue with the Mono AYE? Was def. considering picking the recent repress up.

It's not that it wasn't pressed well, sourced well, etc. It sounds exactly as it should. It's just a poor mastering in my opinion. Some people like it, though, and it's probably the best the mono is ever going to sound.

Here is a needle drop: http://www.sendspace.com/file/oxuuo9