Upgrading: $200 budget

I don't know that table. Everyone seems to go after the carbon.

From a general philosophical standpoint, though, buy the nicest turntable you can see yourself purchasing. I think it is way more common for people to buy cheap and then not be satisfied than to spend more and feel like they spent too much.

I have the Essential and I think it's a pretty good turntable. I upgraded the cartridge to a 2M Red and I'm really enjoying it.

i did this exact thing, i love my essential.

also, have you found anywhere to get a replacement belt for it? i figure ill eventually need to replace it.

I bought the turntable 2 years ago. I plan on getting the Xpression III once I get a house, which probably won't be for at least a year. In the meantime, I upgraded the cartridge. 

Oh thats understandable. I just didnt want this guy to buy an essential then shell out another $100 on the cartridge when he could just get the carbon. No worries.

I'm looking for a new turntable with about a $200 budget as well. I'm leaning toward an atlp120. Safe to say this is the best tt for its price, that has automatic rpm controlling and whatnot?

I just bought this off amazon 2 weeks ago, Im very happy with it while I wait to upgrade to a carbon or a RP1 tax time next year. It has that DJ feeling to it with all the controls but I can live with it. Plus I like the whole "are you a DJ" questioning I get when people come in my house then they go in the next room and see all my records  :lol:

but yes it is the best for its price in my honest opnion.