HELP - NEED FLORIDA ADDRESS FOR MINUS THE BEAR

Guest admin1338560633

I hope someone on the board can help. I am looking for someone who can make it to the Ft Lauderdale or Tallahassee Minus the Bear show(s) to allow me to ship them 4 of 5 boxes of Minus the Bear "Planet of Ice" clear w/ gold vinyl to be delivered to the band.

You would have to have a car that can carry the boxes and be able to go to the venue and give the boxes to the band. I could get you on the guest list for the show and you would most likely to get to meet the band.

I will also give you a copy of the clear w/ gold vinyl for your efforts.

Please only accept to doing this if you are 100 percent sure you can pull this off. This is very time-sensitive.

The shows are on the following days:

October 15th Ft Lauderdale

October 16th Tallahassee

If more than one person offers to help, I will most likely go with who has been a part of the board for a longer time. thanks everyone.

Yeah, this board has improved my life in so many ways. However, saving money is not one of them.

Totally. I've spent probably x20 the amount on vinyl than I used to, but that isn't a bad thing for my little collection.

yeah I've been spending way beyond my limit. Virgil just makes it so damn easy.

So here is the story about the records...

They finally arrived at my house after much stress and worry...barely in time too...must have been around 4:45pm when UPS finally showed up with them. Five boxes of the clear with gold splatter...trust me...eBay came across my mind quick! (I'm just playin' Virgil!)

Called Dave Knudson and met up with the band and Steven (merch guy supreme) to turn the records over to them. They were very, very grateful for the favor of getting the vinyl to them.

The show was amazing. They played every song I wanted to hear...all of them!...their set list was close to the same one that Scott posted in the thread on the other board. The crowd was mixed but there were quite a few assholes who clearly were not fans and did not belong there.

I got to hang around for a bit after the show and mostly shoot the shit with Steven. During that time at the merch table, I witnessed a lot of people buy the vinyl. I was pretty impressed with that and at one point, some kid started asking about it...I of course kicked down some knowledge and also plugged VC and wrote down the website address for him and encouraged him tom check it out and become a part of the community.

I picked up two copies of the repress, one of which I got the band to autograph...I'm such a nerd! ;D

[image]

Overall it was a memorable experience. I am glad that I was able to help the band and Virgil out and it was no biggie.

Now if I could get my hands on one of them test presses... ;)

So jealous you got that autographed! I was planning on doing that in Cleveland, but alas, no tour LPs.

And Steve their merch guy is actually from my hometown -- he's an awesome dude. He used to play drums in the Reputation (Lookout! Records, ex-Sarge), but I think they're broken up now. He also drums for Che Arthur, and Che is Minus The Bear's sound guy, so I'm pretty sure that's how he got this current gig.

But yeah, if anyone else is going to this current MTB tour, tell Steve that Carly's Day Out ruled. His mind will most likely be blown. (That was his verrrrrrry old band.)

that looks so sick juan! i am so pissed that the show here is 18+, but i'll have to deal with it

The show last night was also 18+...which I found kinda odd since there seemed to be a lot of younger kids there. Or maybe it's because I am kinda old and jaded that they all seem young to me now...

Holy shit!...Did I just become an aging hipster with that statement?

that looks so sick juan! i am so pissed that the show here is 18+, but i'll have to deal with it

The show last night was also 18+...which I found kinda odd since there seemed to be a lot of younger kids there. Or maybe it's because I am kinda old and jaded that they all seem young to me now...

Yes.

I thought you could get in to 18+ shows with someone over 25? Something like that...

it's true. i feel very badly for you, but i've been there too. those damn snot-nosed punks need to learn their place.

Guest falloutcollapse

from the metro site:

"Late shows (beginning at 9pm or later) are 18 & over; to enter Metro you must show 2 forms of federal or state ID (drivers license, state ID, passport, etc.) as proof of age."

i guess they're pretty strict