I'm just another a-hole looking for a DMB boxset ($100 offer)

mrewest

Yeah these in store markups I'm hearing about are ridiculous.

I just offered $100 to someone on ebay. Got a counter of $560.

I countered that with $1 aaaaand now we're done lol.

Hahahahaha that's awesome. I want to know where the ppl are that have $500 to drop on a 4xlp boxset.

I'd say be patient. This will inevitably be repressed.. It will still cost too much.. But I would imagine within the next year you'll be able to get it for much, much less than $560.

Word on the street is that DMB will be pressing more on black vinyl.

Makes sense as, why would you only make 500 copies of a release from a band that has such a huge following?

It is to get the fans overpaying and talking about it on the web. Then DMB can get quickly $100 a box once he presses up few extra thousand.

As long as you are willing to buy another color press, I predict you should get a copy eventually.

Personally, I really dislike the behavior of DMB's management and marketing team. I have exchanged cross words with them in the past. I still like the music though, so I will buy his records as long as I don't have to jump through too many hoops to get them.

The irony, of course, is that DMB's first vinyl press (Before These Crowded Streets) sat unsold for YEARS since it was the '90s and few cared about vinyl. Most stores dropped the price to $10 just to dump them. Now, of course, a sealed copy sells for $250+.

I guess they took the opposite tactic this time around.

My local store did preorders for RSD except for this, since they only were getting one in. And this kid in front of my on RSD morning got to the store at 4AM (they opened at 9) to wait for this. He already called and begged them to hold it for him, since March he said. So right before the doors opened, the owner said that the one copy of this was hidden in the store and it was first to find it, gets it. Kind of a dick move on his part, but the first 5-6 people in line all looked for it and the guy got his copy. 

That's my little story about this.

My local store did preorders for RSD except for this, since they only were getting one in. And this kid in front of my on RSD morning got to the store at 4AM (they opened at 9) to wait for this. He already called and begged them to hold it for him, since March he said. So right before the doors opened, the owner said that the one copy of this was hidden in the store and it was first to find it, gets it. Kind of a dick move on his part, but the first 5-6 people in line all looked for it and the guy got his copy. 

That's my little story about this.

I appreciate this kind of thing; people being genuinely good to others.