Deadliest Catch

I havn't watched since Phil passed (fuck that sucked), might have to jump back in since we don't really have any shows going right now.

The show did an incredible job of respecting his privacy but also giving the viewer such a great glimpse of such a personal moment. I can't think of anything else on TV that came close to that. I was pretty emo. 

He's still a big part of the storyline with the question of whether or not his sons will ever run their own boat. Sure doesnt look like it right now. 

I watch every episode. It's probably the best reality-based show out there, and you can't get a better narrator than Mike Rowe. My uncle is a fisherman for salmon off the BC coast, and he can't even fathom doing what these guys do (and he's the captain)

Yea I can't even imagine. They've had some really gigantic pussies as greenhorns on the show, and I always say I CAN DO THAT, but fuck maybe it just is that terrible. 

I watch every episode. It's probably the best reality-based show out there, and you can't get a better narrator than Mike Rowe. My uncle is a fisherman for salmon off the BC coast, and he can't even fathom doing what these guys do (and he's the captain)

Doesn't he also narrate every other show on discovery? I feel like he used to.

The show did an incredible job of respecting his privacy but also giving the viewer such a great glimpse of such a personal moment. I can't think of anything else on TV that came close to that. I was pretty emo. 

He's still a big part of the storyline with the question of whether or not his sons will ever run their own boat. Sure doesnt look like it right now. 

We watched everything to the end of the season w/ the tribute episode is New Orleans.

It definitely didn't seem then that either of them were even close to being ready to run a boat.

Used to watch this, but as soon as I watched the more recent episode, there was some sort of injury where his hand or finger got smashed between the boat and something else and it creeped me the fuck out so I stopped watching. I can't really stand stuff like that it makes me squirm. 

I could never do it. It's that kind of a job where injury is just waiting to happen. 

Used to watch this, but as soon as I watched the more recent episode, there was some sort of injury where his hand or finger got smashed between the boat and something else and it creeped me the fuck out so I stopped watching. I can't really stand stuff like that it makes me squirm. 

I could never do it. It's that kind of a job where injury is just waiting to happen. 

yea that was definitely disgusting. 

I've never been a fan of Keith. I always feel like he plays things up to the camera just to get himself on TV more. And when he actually assaulted a cameraman last year (or was it two years ago?), I felt that was SUPER over-the-line.

Junior is definitely my favorite, followed by Wild Bill and the Time Bandit guys. I also am a fan of Jake Anderson, and more accurately, how he is apparently going through the trials of Job.

I've never been a fan of Keith. I always feel like he plays things up to the camera just to get himself on TV more. And when he actually assaulted a cameraman last year (or was it two years ago?), I felt that was SUPER over-the-line.

Junior is definitely my favorite, followed by Wild Bill and the Time Bandit guys. I also am a fan of Jake Anderson, and more accurately, how he is apparently going through the trials of Job.

Keith is a little awkward and he definitely loses his mind, but he always seems to have a lot of success. 

It's pretty crazy how the show let us watch Jake Anderson go from junkie weird awkward kid to where he is now. I hope he continues to do well. 

I think Wild Bill is the biggest asshole though, he rips people the hardest. 

• 4 weeks later...

I feel like Jake did that on purpose to have a reason to leave.

I genuinely feel bad for Edgar, and while I hope its just due to editing he seems to be sucking balls at being the skipper. I can imagine that you can explode like that when you aren't catching shit, but Jake still seemed a little mentally unstable in that sequence. Certainly not the type of guy I'd want to succeed me as a retiring captain.