FREE THRICE Anthology BoxSet: The COMP COMP Vol 1: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Fundraiser 7"

This kind of doubles as a fundraiser/Pre-Order. 

Those of you that know me on here know that I travel to bearding competitions around the mid-west. On August 31, I will be hosting my own competition here in Columbus, IN. 

Since Thunderbeard Records is hosting the event, it would only make sense to have a release coincide with the event. Thus, The COMP COMP Volume 1 is born. (See what I did there? COMPetition COMPilation?)

Each bearding competition raises money for a charity of some sort. Since aviolentworld is always raising money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, I figured this would be a unique way for us as a community to come together and help out a great cause. The Thunderbeard Records Facial Hair Competition will be donating all proceeds from the event as well as The COMP COMP Volume 1 to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation in aviolentworld's name (seriously, it will say "From: aviolentworld" on the check). 

Gotta Groove has been incredibly generous in helping us keep costs low for this release, and though crowd-funding and two month POs are frowned upon in these parts, this shouldn't be viewed as a PO. It's an opportunity to send tons of money to a good foundation that one of our community members feels strongly about. In return, your donations get you a sweet compilation. 

Details about the release are on the page linked below. Songs on the disc are contributed by They've Shot Flanigan (new tune!), Gentlemen (new tune!), Ryan M. Brewer (new tune!), and You, Me, and Everyone We Know (old tune!). Other songs from even more artists will be included on the digital download card.

http://groovebot.gottagrooverecords.com/campaign/detail/1141

Support a good cause!

Hey guys -

If you donate to the Gotta Groove Bot campaign, one person that donates is going to be selected to win a copy of Thrice - Anthology. I figure this is a cool way to get some donations as well as hook someone up with a beautiful boxset.

I mean, the worst case scenario is you get a 7" for donating. 

Dig?

Link is in the original post, but here it is for the people that don't want to scroll up: http://groovebot.gottagrooverecords.com/campaign/detail/1141

Kudos to all that are or have already donated. Awesome that Mark is in for some raffle items as well.

Hell, I'll even choose 5 other random people that donate to receive a copy of the YMAEWK 7" or a Flanigan LP. 

Basically, there are tons of free things up for grabs, and your $10 will automatically get you something. 

If you haven't already, be sure to go like Thunderbeard Records on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thunderbeardrecords

ok. so im not really see how you get the thrice anothology box set. do i donate and i get one ? or ? could you post or message me some details?

really? You donate, he takes the names of everyone who donated and randomly chooses one person to win the box set. there are a bunch of ways he could pick the person, out of a hat, random number gen. soo many wayyyyyssssss.

This is still a thing. There are a couple days left and as of right now there is a 1/7 shot that you are getting some free expensive records. Go do this!

Your math is fucked up, haha.

Assuming that what was said in the thread still stands, every person currently in has a 70% chance of winning SOMETHING (the odds are actually BETTER that you'll win than you won't, 3/10 that you WON'T win), and a 1/5 shot that you'll win either Thrice or B182.

Get in on this people!  It's like shooting fish in a barrel!