SamSung Galaxy S4 vs iPhone 5 (Verizon)

I use VSCO for all of my photo editing and I used to use their iPhone app when I had my iPhone, so now I'm a Beta tester for their Android app that's coming out soon.  I also use #Square for photos. I downloaded SketchbookX for doodling.  Some others are PNC mobile, MapMyRide, Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook, Facebook pages manager, Words with Friends, Mini Golf Matchup, Easy Battery Saver (highly recommend!), Adobe Reader, Lookout Security... that's pretty much it.

I use VSCO for all of my photo editing and I used to use their iPhone app when I had my iPhone, so now I'm a Beta tester for their Android app that's coming out soon. I also use #Square for photos. I downloaded SketchbookX for doodling. Some others are PNC mobile, MapMyRide, Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook, Facebook pages manager, Words with Friends, Mini Golf Matchup, Easy Battery Saver (highly recommend!), Adobe Reader, Lookout Security... that's pretty much it.

I'm not familiar with easy battery saver, but I do know about juice defender which is a very popular choice. Also SwiftKey is my keyboard, clean master to get rid of junk files, Google keep, reddit news, and camera zoom fx for my camera. There are tons out there.

For you new to Android people. I posted a a thread about the Themer beta. You have a choice of a ton of themes with just one click. If you're familiar with mycolorscreen.com its themes taken from there.

I'll check it out, thanks!

I'm not familiar with easy battery saver, but I do know about juice defender which is a very popular choice. Also SwiftKey is my keyboard, clean master to get rid of junk files, Google keep, reddit news, and camera zoom fx for my camera. There are tons out there.

I almost went with Juice Defender, but I read a lot of weird/negative reviews about later updates to the app so I went with EBS instead.  I'm very happy with it.  I'm going to look into SwiftKey and Clean Master.  I'll have to Google what Google Keep is, haha.

Trying Themer.. I'm scared I'm going to screw something up lol.

I have a question.. I've tried using that Google S Voice feature and it suckssss. Am I doing something wrong?  I'll tell it to message someone and it either gets the name wrong, or tells me that the person that I'm trying to message doesn't exist in my contacts.  Any idea why this is?

I'll check it out, thanks!

I almost went with Juice Defender, but I read a lot of weird/negative reviews about later updates to the app so I went with EBS instead.  I'm very happy with it.  I'm going to look into SwiftKey and Clean Master.  I'll have to Google what Google Keep is, haha.

Keep is similar to a Evernote or Wunderlist. A note taker, reminder app.

Trying Themer.. I'm scared I'm going to screw something up lol.

I have a question.. I've tried using that Google S Voice feature and it suckssss. Am I doing something wrong?  I'll tell it to message someone and it either gets the name wrong, or tells me that the person that I'm trying to message doesn't exist in my contacts.  Any idea why this is?

I'm not sure about Google S Voice...I just use Google Now for any voice features. Depending on how you have your phone set up, the microphone in the search bar...hit that then voice search, call or text. Or, just tap in the search bar and you should be able to say "Ok Google" or just "Google" then your command. Yesterday I wanted to call my barber to put my name in early, I said "Call Blue Star Barber" which is not saved in my contact, it searched and called the correct one. It can be very nice. 

Themer is still very beta, but it's very easy to go back to what you originally had. Don't be afraid to mess around with it.

I don't know what you mean by search bar. =\ Sorry, I am so bad with this thing lol.  That is really cool that you got it to call your barber shop without it being in your contacts! I know Siri would do that for me, but I can't get this phone to cooperate.

I tried one of the themes in Themer... I like it a lot, just having some issues with the weather widget to display the location I'm in.  I also feel weird that my lock screen looks terribly different from the theme I chose, lol.  I'll have to get it to flow with the theme by figuring out how to make a new design for the lock screen.

I don't know what you mean by search bar. =\ Sorry, I am so bad with this thing lol.  That is really cool that you got it to call your barber shop without it being in your contacts! I know Siri would do that for me, but I can't get this phone to cooperate.

I tried one of the themes in Themer... I like it a lot, just having some issues with the weather widget to display the location I'm in.  I also feel weird that my lock screen looks terribly different from the theme I chose, lol.  I'll have to get it to flow with the theme by figuring out how to make a new design for the lock screen.

I don't think you can create a theme for the lock screen through themer. You'd have to use something else, which I don't have any recommendations for. 

Go to Themer settings > advanced > desktop > search bar ( enable persistent search bar) Then you'll know what I'm talking about. I just assumed you had the Google search bar as it's on the default launcher, and I had it set up on Nova when I used it. 

I don't think you can create a theme for the lock screen through themer. You'd have to use something else, which I don't have any recommendations for. 

Go to Themer settings > advanced > desktop > search bar ( enable persistent search bar) Then you'll know what I'm talking about. I just assumed you had the Google search bar as it's on the default launcher, and I had it set up on Nova when I used it. 

Oh, nice! I added the search bar and I'll try the voice feature on my way home from work. Thanks so much for all of your help!

You're welcome. Thats your Google Now. It tracks things you do, remembers certain things, you can set up "Cards" and more. I haven't really dove into yet, but I've been slowly messing with it for a while.

Also, if you really want a custom lock screen, and your rooted, look into custom ROM's. I've used quite a few but I've been using CM10 for a while now. I can have multiple lock screens, just swipe as you would your home screens. 

I love google now, it rules, seriously. 

the standard lock screen can have multiple screens by swiping to either side.  ive got my camera set up to one swipe direction, and then to the other has music and notifications

Nice, it's been so long since I've been on the default TouchWiz ROM that I don't know what features it has anymore.

I love google now, it rules, seriously. 

the standard lock screen can have multiple screens by swiping to either side.  ive got my camera set up to one swipe direction, and then to the other has music and notifications

I have the same thing going on with my lock screen.

I just downloaded Dashclock.  I had it back when I first got the phone, but I couldn't get it to override the other notification settings.  I'm going to give it another try.  I think once I figure that out, I'll just try to match the wallpaper from my theme to the lock screen and I'll be good to go.

I think it took away a lot of the motion features that the phone is known

Perhaps from the launcher itself, but in-app those features should still work. I ended up flashing CyanogenMod 10.1.3 so I lost every TW feature and don't miss them much at all :)

I highly recommend you guys install Tasker or Atooma (I use Tasker). You can schedule or set conditions to alter your phone's state, for example I get home at the same time every night from work so as I walk in the door Tasker will turn on my WiFi, mute my ringer, and disable my LED so it's not lighting up my bedroom while I'm trying to sleep. It can be a bit tricky to figure out but it's worth the effort and there's tons of tutorials out there for it.

Perhaps from the launcher itself, but in-app those features should still work. I ended up flashing CyanogenMod 10.1.3 so I lost every TW feature and don't miss them much at all :)

I highly recommend you guys install Tasker or Atooma (I use Tasker). You can schedule or set conditions to alter your phone's state, for example I get home at the same time every night from work so as I walk in the door Tasker will turn on my WiFi, mute my ringer, and disable my LED so it's not lighting up my bedroom while I'm trying to sleep. It can be a bit tricky to figure out but it's worth the effort and there's tons of tutorials out there for it.

We're on the same ROM. Hoping its just not me, but have you noticed that ring+vibrate is no longer an option. I can only choose between vibrate or sound. It's weird, I'm thinking it may be Themer, but I'm pretty sure I noticed this before I installed Themer.

never mind I noticed that "vibrate when ringing" was unchecked in the settings, duh.

Also, I will get a ROM update notification, but there will be no update. It's quite odd.

Wow, that is really cool that you can have your device do that all automatically.

I googled CM10 earlier when bigbruise mentioned it, but I have no idea about rooting and ROMs lol.

Rooting is like jailbreaking for the iPhone. It just opens up a lot of permissions and allows you to do a lot of cool stuff. The default touchwiz platform you're using now, that's a ROM, but there are so many developed by the community that you can apply to your phone. It can be very overwhelming.

I always thought I wasn’t using my phone to it’s full ability and reading all this... now I’m sure. I could probably get away with a phone that just texts, calls, and instagrams. I don't even have music on my phone. I suck. I don't know how to do anything else.