PO: The Saddest Landscape - Exit Wounded EP

Guest realtalk

But in lieu of being a smart ass and contributing nothing to the thread, I figured I'd set an example and actually share some concrete info.

1aXME.png

The tri-color appears to be red, white, and black. Though I wouldn't call it an even 33.33333333333333333% split. Real talk.

Notice the key word "approximate" in front of the big percentage number Derk? From the picture you so ungracefully provided, each color IS, in fact, approximately 1/3 of the whole vinyl piece. No, it isn't evenly divided into nice equivalent little pie pieces that you may or may not recall from grade school, but trust me... each color is ***approximately*** 1/3 or 33.33333333%.

I only tried to help you understand what tri-color meant because you seemed unaware. I presented a few facts and was not rude, thought it might be helpful. In lieu of being a smart ass, you acted like a 'holier-than-thou' prick.

Brush up on your maths and readings Drek.

I only tried to help you understand what tri-color meant because you seemed unaware. I presented a few facts and was not rude, thought it might be helpful. In lieu of being a smart ass, you acted like a 'holier-than-thou' prick.

I seemed "unaware"?  Of what a tri-color is?  Bullshit.  Contrary to your username, I think you need to get real.  Anyone who's been a VC participant and vinyl enthusiast for a handful of years knows a tri-color variant is.  I wasn't born yesterday.  Your oh-so insightful contribution was facetiously elementary.  You know it.  I know it.  Everyone knows it.  Not unlike someone explaining what a gatefold jacket is, to someone like jhulud, ScottHeisel, or Travis.  Completely unnecessary.

I'd maybe buy into your post if you weren't such a snarky troll in 99% of the threads you participate in.  So, yes.  I'm calling you out.  What's more is that the amount of butt-hurt you've exhibited from being called a smart ass is delightfully palpable.  People are offended by that title?  That's a thing?  I'm fairly certain that my parents, teachers, friends, co-workers, bosses, and vague acquaintances have called me a smart ass at some point.  Whether endearingly or not, I find it hard to take offense from the term.  I chose it because that's what you are.  A very sarcastic wise guy, so to speak.

I didn't think my post was too aggressive.  But if you're going to puff up your chest and throw a tantrum, then I'm going to up the ante and tell you to piss off.  I'm going to suggest that you stop being a shitty member of the community.  And that you spend less time decorating your posts with colors and caps, and a little more time trying to write something worth reading.  I'm pretty bored with all of your bullshit, and I'm positive that I don't speak for just myself.  This isn't me being cute or cleverly sarcastic.  This is me calling you a dick because you are one.

Brush up on your BB code and trolling Rull.

That second paragraph makes me laugh coming from derek.

I've got a good 70:30 ratio for the amount of legitimate discussions and contributions I make, compared to the instances I troll.  And even then, I only single out the users who are asking to be made fun of.  And even then, it's when they're being ridiculous.  Not when they present legitimate questions.  Snark aside, you'd know this if you participated in the threads I frequent.

Got my copy today. The tri-color looks pretty awesome, but I'm wondering what the reasoning for it was since I read something somewhere where the band said it was a surprise on purpose. Any ideas?

Also, anyone have a picture of the B-Side of the picture disc? I heard it's a live image.

here you go: http://i.imgur.com/ig9HgNJ.jpg

sorry for the link, but i still have no idea how to directly post pics on this site.

Guest realtalk

I seemed "unaware"? Of what a tri-color is? Bullshit. Contrary to your username, I think you need to get real. Anyone who's been a VC participant and vinyl enthusiast for a handful of years knows a tri-color variant is. I wasn't born yesterday. Your oh-so insightful contribution was facetiously elementary. You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it. Not unlike someone explaining what a gatefold jacket is, to someone like jhulud, ScottHeisel, or Travis. Completely unnecessary.

I'd maybe buy into your post if you weren't such a snarky troll in 99% of the threads you participate in. So, yes. I'm calling you out. What's more is that the amount of butt-hurt you've exhibited from being called a smart ass is delightfully palpable. People are offended by that title? That's a thing? I'm fairly certain that my parents, teachers, friends, co-workers, bosses, and vague acquaintances have called me a smart ass at some point. Whether endearingly or not, I find it hard to take offense from the term. I chose it because that's what you are. A very sarcastic wise guy, so to speak.

I didn't think my post was too aggressive. But if you're going to puff up your chest and throw a tantrum, then I'm going to up the ante and tell you to piss off. I'm going to suggest that you stop being a shitty member of the community. And that you spend less time decorating your posts with colors and caps, and a little more time trying to write something worth reading. I'm pretty bored with all of your bullshit, and I'm positive that I don't speak for just myself. This isn't me being cute or cleverly sarcastic. This is me calling you a dick because you are one.

Brush up on your BB code and trolling Rull.

I've got a good 70:30 ratio for the amount of legitimate discussions and contributions I make, compared to the instances I troll. And even then, I only single out the users who are asking to be made fun of. And even then, it's when they're being ridiculous. Not when they present legitimate questions. Snark aside, you'd know this if you participated in the threads I frequent.

PM'd

I was thinking the extreme distortion at the end of the instrumental wouldn't translate well but it does. Another fantastic TSL release, they're only getting better IMO.

Really agree.  I can appreciate their older work, but YWNS really captured my attention - and may still be my favorite - but I think they've only been raising the bar with each subsequent release.  Eager for my copy to show up whenever it may.

Really agree. I can appreciate their older work, but YWNS really captured my attention - and may still be my favorite - but I think they've only been raising the bar with each subsequent release. Eager for my copy to show up whenever it may.

I've been looking for the self released Silver vinyl gatefold version of that record for a lil bit. No luck ;(

• 5 months later...