Lots of new MoFi-BobDylan,Weezer,JudasPriest,AllmanBros

• 2 weeks later...

Got the Pinkerton and In A Silent Way today of the new releases. Also finally picked up Sea Change, since that seems to be becoming more rare / out-of-print these days. Had to get it at retail while I still can since it's $50+ on Discogs.

They need to hurry up with that 45rpm 2LP Kind of Blue.

I don't know if MOFI or another label is doing it, but I've heard murmurs of a 45 KOB being cut/mixed live from the original 3 track master, which would basically be the ultimate KOB. May end up canceling my MOFI preorder altogether if this isn't being done by them, I somehow doubt it'll be them who does this...

Yeah, that sounds like the MoFi version. It's supposedly coming out at the end of this year, but keeps getting pushed back so who knows when it will really come out. They did a great job on In A Silent Way, so I'm pretty confident the KoB will be damn good too. 

On another note, Sea Change sounds effin' amazing. Probably the best-sounding record I have. Had some buddies over a couple of nights ago, and they were blown away. 

Yeah, that sounds like the MoFi version. It's supposedly coming out at the end of this year, but keeps getting pushed back so who knows when it will really come out. They did a great job on In A Silent Way, so I'm pretty confident the KoB will be damn good too.

On another note, Sea Change sounds effin' amazing. Probably the best-sounding record I have. Had some buddies over a couple of nights ago, and they were blown away.

Well, I preordered the MoFi KOB as soon as the preorder went up, but they haven't even made so much of a mention as to which mix they'll use, much less any talk from them of actually cutting a live mix from the 3 track. So I'm not entirely convinced that this is the only KOB reissue we'll be seeing in the upcoming months/years. I think Sony themselves may be behind this remix.

Feels like I've had the MOFI preorder in for 2 years already, if not then pretty darn close to it...

I got my copy of Pinkerton today. This is my first Mofi release and experience with sound stage direct and I must say, I am throughly impressed. From the sturdy gatefold cardboard jacket, to the fancy "archive quality" vinyl sleeve, the packaging is just exquisite. SSD shipped my lone LP in their own fancy mailer inside a larger carboard box; they made damn sure there was no wiggle room. I asked in the notes to place the LP outside the jacket to prevent seam splits (which they bring to customers attention as an option during the check out process) and sure enough the vinyl was packed inside its archive grade sleeve inside a seperate polybag. As I was opening this package I began to feel guilty for using the coupon code and getting the package for $26 shipped. Listening to the album and it sounds amazing. I cant think of an LP I own that sounds much better. Now I know not to hold any reservations. I waited a while to pull the trigger due to that $30 price tag, but if the presentation and sound quality of this release reflects the mofi catalogue, I wouldn't hesitate from ordering any future releases. Worth every penny. If you're on the fence, JUST BUY IT.

How does the Pinkerton MoFi sound compared to 4xLP deluxe? Anyone have both?

The 4xLP sounds great, but the MoFi is amazing. If you already own the 4xLP, there's really no need to pick this up unless you're a completest (as I unfortunately am) and/or a total audiophile snob.